So, I was bored this evening, need to examine some ECG's....... but want also to add my rig to the every growing community..............
- Real name: Rogier Kerkhof
- Age: 26 years
- Easy contact MSN: er_ker at hotmail.com
- Occupation: Student medicine; graduated in Medical Science. Both on the Radboud University of Nijmegen. Both bassist as a guitarist
- Bands: SquareLight, The Whole Nine Yards, TachyCardia and more
- Interests: Music and electronics
- Famous sentence: We've got enough time
Music taste: Electronic music, beautiful music, loud music
Heroes: Keith Richards, dEUS, Chet Baker
So, here are my rig(s)! Pics are coming soon!
- Fender Telecaster "Crafted in Japan" with Fender Texas Special neck pickup and Lindy Fralin Blues Special in bridge
- Brandless SG with GFS Mean 90's
- Bach ES-335 with Seymour Duncan Phat Cat in the neck and a Bareknuckle Mule in the bridge
- Homebuild RMC Wizard Wah with small mods; small mods to make the wah really mellow, widen the sweep and opening up the sound. LOVE it!
- Homebuild Crowther Hotcake; mix between model '77 (nice bass response) and the the '03 model (nice treble response). From clean boost to nice overdrive and distortion. Added switchable diodes for a more distortion like sound.
- Homebuild hybrid Fuzz Face; mix of silicon and germanium to get the best of both worlds. The best Fuzz Face around, period! Added a tone knob and boosted mids slightly
- Colorsound Overdriver; she is back on my board :) and I have missed her. I searched for that sound and now finally I had got it back! Shame she has left me for so long but she had a small world tour (borrowed by a friend).
- Homebuild RM Voodoo Vibe; greatest univibe out there with a great tremolo sound and uber control over the unit. Modded it slightly for phaser sounds, better symmetry and a better top end. Speed is controlled by EXP pedal (Boss FV-300L)
- Boss FV-300L used as volume pedal and EXP pedal
Pedals in amps FX loop
- Pearl AD-08; Analog delay made by Pearl. In sound as in circuit very close to the DM-2 by Boss. Modded to get into oscillation a bit quicker
- Electro Harmonix Electric Mistress (non deluxe, 9V version); Great flanger / chorus sounds from this unit. Modded with a small booster to cure the volume loss and a mix trimpot (to make the unit sit better in the mix)
- Boss DSD-3 Digital Delay and sampler; great digital delay with a nice and warm sound and great oscillation. Modded to imitate a tape echo (mods designed by Baja Man)
All powered by a CIOKS baby
- JW Overdrive reverb special; great and direct Dumble ODR-S clone. Best amp I ever heard, can't simply live without her. Has the greatest FX loop I ever heard (Dumbleator). This amp is my tone and goes from slight OD to pure and full on metal :)
My JW amps story and my review of the unit
- Epiphone Jr.; simple 5W amp, usually played with a bass 2x10 or 4x10 next to the dumble on stage. Modded thorough (nothing left of the original design) and made into a Gibson GA-5.
- Epiphone Thunderbird; my sweetheart called Rose. My most used gigging bass that has seen most stages. With a '69 Gibson MUDbucker in the neck, a Duesenberg pickup in the bridge and a bone nut. Best sound ever!
-Farida Jazz bass; my backup bass that I use for some songs. Newly painted with a thin nitro layer to make it sound much nicer. With GFS Jazz Bass pickups (they rock!) and a Hipshot D-tuner.
- Bach RickenBACHer; Rickenbacker clone as made by BACH with a neck through body and made of mahogany. Equipped with 2 real Rickenbacker pickups to make it sound more alive. I use this bass sometimes.
- Buffer; simple solution to make my bass sound more open. Buffer runs on 18V
(- Seperate line to my Arion Stage Tuner)
- Boss FV-300L; used as a volume pedal and an EXP pedal for my EHX Microsynth
- Homebuild Microamp; runs on 18V
- Radial ProDI; so I can control the DI sound also
- Homebuild mixer unit; used to split my signal in clean and affected. Mixer runs on 18V
in FX loop of the mixer
- Boss SYB-3; used for my digital synth sounds, carrier waves and octaver sounds. Tracking is OK but when combined with a muff it is pure synth heaven
- Electro Harmonix MicroSynth; my main synth pedal. Simply awesome and I use it too much for octaves, synth and fuzz. Modded so both versions (guitar as bass) are available and the addition of a EXP pedal out (that controls the stop parameter)
- Boss SD-2; a great OD pedal for bass! I modded the Crunch side to a BasScreamer (bass tubescreamer) and the Lead part to a more bass heavy side. Great! My main OD pedal!
- Russian Big Muff Pi ; great pedal that brings me my fuzz! When combined with a clean blend uber usuable. Modded with a bass switch (great when combined with the SYB) and a mid knob
Return to mixer
- Boss RV-3; for my reverb and delay needs on bass. Delay is great as it is pure digital (super clean), reverb is very usefull with bass. Makes my leads open up a bit.
- Electro Harmonix Small Clone ; great pedal for chorus sounds and more. Is modded with a dial to set the delay time (and makes it sound from a flanger, through chorus to a pitch shifting vibrato). Also added was a tremolo switch and a depth knob (instead of the depth switch). Uber cool: blinking LED :). Note: wired backwards
- Boss GE-7B ; to add some more tonal changes to my sound. Modded to be more HiFi, less noisy and great sounding. Also wired backwards
- Buffer; to drive the long leads
- Channel switch; to choose between 1 and 2 outs (same phase)
All pedals are powered by a Dunlop DC brick and the 24V EHX adapter (MicroSynth)
- Ampeg V4; a very great amp that has a nice and unique OD sound when both channels are combined. Modded for a tighter bass response and the repair of some factory errors.
- Ampeg SVT-200T; the BEST SS Ampeg around, period. When combined with the V4 a great mix of clean and OD. Also my backup.
Dependent on stage size I use the V4 of the V4 + the SVT-200T. I usually play em through an Ampeg 4x10 (V4) and a Peavey 2x10 (SVT-200T); need to get a 8x10 soon :)
Stuff not in use:
- ProCo Rat; unit from the 90's with the nice chip (LM308) already in em. Modded it with a three position switch to switch between a Turbo Rat, a Stock Rat II and a big boost. Also included small mods to make it sound more like a Landgraff Mo'D. Switch crackles like mad but I like it enough to keep with from repairing.
- Pearl OC-07; unit gotten from a friend. Never use it anymore
- Boss GE-7; used it a lot with my old amp but I don't need her flexibility anymore due to my amp. Modded to sound more HiFi, less noisy and has a yellow LED
Stuff for sale
- Boss Bass Overdrive; Modded for more mids, less overwhelming distortion (was a bit too much) and a better mix control
- Ibanez DL-10; great digital delay that sounds surprisingly analog. Oscillates nice and sweet. Modded it with an extra feedback knob (to control oscillation) and a switch that cuts highs (analog mode)
- Pearl PH-03; as I use my vibe now for phase like sounds I don't use it anymore and can be sold. Sweet sounding phase with a manual knob to set the center frequency
- EHX Deluxe Big Muff; the deluxe version of the Muff. Basically a opamp big muff wth a Soul Preacher compressor. Both can be set in series (comp into fuzz) or parallel. Great sounds. Recently checked and works! Modded to accept 9V!
- Korg G5 bass synth; as I have no need anymore for other synths this one is for sale
- EHX Big Muff, modded to triangle specs. Truely close to the original Muff sound
- Morley PWB (power wah boost); the bass / keyboard / guitar volume / wah pedal that was know to be used by Cliff Burton of Metallica. I never use it anymore. Has a great boost function!
Tijd zat..., toch?
"Berarduur, the self sufficient guitar maan"
Technophobia; Analog Audio Solutions; for all your custom builds and mods.