8 posts / 0 new
Last post
ledzepfreak's picture
North Carolina
Jan 2008
5 years ago

The amp is a 40w Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue.

The amp is basically brand-new. Recently it started emitting a high-pitched feedback-like sound that I KNOW is coming from the amp (it still comes when the guitar's volume is down all the way. However, I think it only happens when the guitar is plugged in, but this doesn't happen with my other amp so I'm convinced that this is an amp issue.

During Thanksgiving, my relatives screwed around with the amp, plugging in the mic and my 2-year-old cousin flipping switches randomly :eek::eek::eek:
You know how hard it is to tell relative to stop messing with your "toys." I don't remember this sound coming before thanksgiving, so this relative disaster could've been it.

I need to know what's causing this please and how to fix it

I know it's been a while

Cheers!

Find the silver linings... eventually you'll have a small fortune

PuffyG's picture
Mississauga, Ontario
Dec 2007
1 week ago

Bring it back to the shop to be checked out under waranty. Don't mention the 2 year old.

2008 Fender Am Std Stratocaster
2008 Fender Highway 1 Tele w/ Am Std Electronics
2008 PRS CU 24 w/ McCarty switching

2014 Gibson C-5 Les Paul with a stunning top

Suhr Badger and Cabs
POD XT Live

KP11520's picture
May 2008
10 months ago
Originally Posted by PuffyG

Bring it back to the shop to be checked out under waranty. Don't mention the 2 year old.

That's just the poor mouse that lives in there next to the output stage tube(s). (it gets hot)

Yeah bring it back...... that mouse was supposed to be evicted before the amp left the factory! So much for quality control!

I'll bet the Sheriff that was supposed to evict him had coffee and donuts instead!

cvidal's picture
Massachusetts seacoast
Jun 2008
2 months ago

I have also had some problems with a reissue Fender tube amp. I bought a Fender "Super Champ XD" which sometimes would emit very loud popping and crackling when the guitar was plugged in. I would have brought it back except that it was just out of warranty. Isn't that one of Murphy's laws? Fortunately this problem went away all on it's own before I could send it for repair and I have been using the amp for some months now without a problem. Still I agree with the other posts here. If it is still under warranty definitely take it back. This type of equipment cost way too much to accept crap.

"If she weighed the same as a duck... she's made of wood. And therefore......A witch!" Monty Python
"Steal a little, and they throw you in jail. Steal a lot and they make you king!" Bob Dylan

ledzepfreak's picture
North Carolina
Jan 2008
5 years ago
Originally Posted by PuffyG

I got it from Musician's Friend, but my guitar teacher probably can fix it. If it's just a tube thing then I'm not too worried.

rickygclef's picture
LI,NY
Nov 2007
7 years ago

Just curious- Have you had experience with master volume tube amps or tube amps with that wattage?
Check the levels on both your Master Volume and your Volume.
If your playing in a small place like your living room or bedroom that amp can be really loud and could get howling feedback very easily especially if you are facing it.

You were saying that this is happening when you have guitar volume down?

Make sure that you are plugged in correctly if you have pedals hooked up.
Do you have a wah hooked in that maybe it was left on?
I know it sounds stupid, but we've all experienced stuff like this.

If you eliminate these problems, then bring it in to where you bought it.
Those amps have a 5 year warranty I believe.

ledzepfreak's picture
North Carolina
Jan 2008
5 years ago
Originally Posted by rickygclef

Just curious- Have you had experience with master volume tube amps or tube amps with that wattage?
Check the levels on both your Master Volume and your Volume.
If your playing in a small place like your living room or bedroom that amp can be really loud and could get howling feedback very easily especially if you are facing it.

You were saying that this is happening when you have guitar volume down?

Make sure that you are plugged in correctly if you have pedals hooked up.
Do you have a wah hooked in that maybe it was left on?
I know it sounds stupid, but we've all experienced stuff like this.

If you eliminate these problems, then bring it in to where you bought it.
Those amps have a 5 year warranty I believe.

It happens when the guitar volume is up, but continues when the guitar volume is all the way down also. There's no wah-wah pedal hooked up.
I haven't really had experience with tubes in this wattage. It only happens on the master volume (drive channel), but I am playing in a relatively small room. Could that be the reason? It's weird, it's not coming from the guitar, and I switched cables, so it's not the cable.

dc007's picture
North Carolina
Mar 2008
2 weeks ago

Most likely a bad preamp tube

The computer can't tell you the emotional story. It can give you the exact mathematical design, but what's missing is the eyebrows.
Frank Zappa