2 posts / 0 new
Last post
baby_blues's picture
Reading, England
Dec 2005
4 years ago

I'm a tall guy you see and i was given a real cool guitar strap for chirstmas, it's a tad short though.
So i was wondering if there are anyways to make my guitar strap longer?

I'm not sure of the brand, but it's a basic style, similar to the jim dunlop design.

I don't really want to buy a new one, and i can't get a refund. I also don't want to spend much on this job, i wanna use stuff that is easily found at home. But any advice is appriciated.

olddawg's picture
Southern California & Hawaii usually, but I get around
Dec 2004
1 year ago

I've used a leather shoestring to lengthen straps before. The problem is after awhile they can get brittle and break. My acoustic has had one on it for 15 years. A lenght of an old belt or a piece of leather glued and sewed to the rear portion would work better for a heavy guitar.

Stage Guitars: '80s Thin line LP Custom, '70 LP Standard, '83 Squier Black Headstock Strat w/ Dan Torres pickups, '59 Black Danelectro DC, sometimes others.

Pedal Board: Nady UHF 10 -> TU2 -> Rocktron Big Crush -> 70s MXR Phase 100 -> Cry Baby -> Bad Monkey -> Early '80s Rat -> Early '80s Ibanez CS 9 -> Ibanez DE 7 -> Behringer Dr 100 Stereo Reverb

Stage amps: '63 Blonde Tremolux w/ two original 2X10 cabinets with a '60 Ampeg Rocket/18 watt VTB Marshall clone/ Epi VJ into a Mashall 1965A