2 posts / 0 new
Last post
DoctorofNoise's picture
May 2017
2 weeks ago

Hi Everyone,

Like many I dabbled with guitar in my teens through to my forties, but really never had the self confidence to get serious about my playing, even though I have had the good fortune to acquire some really tasty gear for my "on-off" hobby over the years...

Well, recently I managed to do something else that I had thought I could never do (loose weight: 20Kg and still counting!) and I concluded that if I could do that, I could get serious about my playing. So, to make a long story short, I am now mentally, physically and musically gearing myself up for my 65th Birthday Party "Use The Gear" concert (7 guitars, 15 songs, many styles). Only four years to get my self in shape - guitar wise!

I'm looking forward to being part of the GUITAR.COM community and I am certainly going to take advantage of the assembled expertise, experience and knowledge. And - despite being [currently] an awful guitar player - I hope to also contribute (actually, I'm a pretty reasonable lyricist)

Stay Frosty, Folks

DoctorOfNoise

Ross6860's picture
Canton, Ohio
Jul 2009
2 weeks ago

Welcome,

I haven't been around for a while.  Life kind of got in the way.  I'm a few years behind you (but not many).  Congrats on the weight loss.  I need to loose about 20 kilos myself.

I haven't played for about a year or so.  Guitars are dusty, strings are rusty, no caluses left.

This is a great place to learn and share.  Hope you enjoy it.

Vox AC15HTVH, Acoustic B200 (for Thumpin'), '66 Silvertone 1452, Cox 5E3 Super Deluxe, Stu-Daddy BF Deluxe Reverb, Custom Vintage 47 Oahu, Valco Supreme Twin, '74 Silver Face Champ, Couple of 2x12 cabs, Couple of 2x12 cabs, Kramer KA22R (out on permanent loan)