10 posts / 0 new
Last post
bladedguitar66's picture
Noo Hampsheer
Mar 2009
9 months ago

Hey everyone,

I got Gowan Greatest Hits from a friend the other day, but the problem is that they are all VLC files, incompatible with itunes. So I can listen to them through the VLC player (thanks elefender), but I just have to do it separately from the rest of my music that I keep on itunes.

I was wondering if anyone knew a program that could convert VLC files into MP4s or MP3s (aka itunes compatible file types). Nothing seemed to come up in google and audacity has never worked on this computer. Anyone know something I could use? :confused:

Thanks- Canadian music FTW!! :D

The Good Catches Up

davido's picture
La Grange, Texas
Oct 2007
Today
Originally Posted by bladedguitar66

Hey everyone,

I got Gowan Greatest Hits from a friend the other day, but the problem is that they are all VLC files, incompatible with itunes. So I can listen to them through the VLC player (thanks elefender), but I just have to do it separately from the rest of my music that I keep on itunes.

I was wondering if anyone knew a program that could convert VLC files into MP4s or MP3s (aka itunes compatible file types). Nothing seemed to come up in google and audacity has never worked on this computer. Anyone know something I could use? :confused:

Thanks- Canadian music FTW!! :D

have you tried anyvideoconverter ? cept audio... Blade look on Cnet its a safe none intrusive site... I'll bet it will have something..

we say Grace, we say Amen, life is short!

KP11520's picture
May 2008
6 months ago
Originally Posted by davido

have you tried anyvideoconverter ? cept audio... Blade look on Cnet its a safe none intrusive site... I'll bet it will have something..

Yeah, I already looked. NOPE!

This type of converter is not easy to find if there is one! YIKES!

Blade. Nachos... they can be found, but this????????????

Kaplar's picture
Dec 2009
3 years ago

videolan.org doesn't do it either? I can't check right now, I will from home...

No matter what, you gotta keep on rockin'.

traynor333's picture
st. Catharines, Ontario Canada
Dec 2009
1 year ago

The VLC player has an option to convert/save files, which will at least convert them to an MP3 format, which will play in iTunes.

Link to instructions:

http://www.ehow.com/how_5272982_convert-player-files-mp-format.html

The one precept that has consistently come at me, been hammered into my brain, held up as the sine qua non of playing music is the idea that you must find your own voice..."have something to say".

Andy Summers, One Train Later, p.125

davido's picture
La Grange, Texas
Oct 2007
Today
Originally Posted by traynor333

The VLC player has an option to convert/save files, which will at least convert them to an MP3 format, which will play in iTunes.

Link to instructions:

http://www.ehow.com/how_5272982_convert-player-files-mp-format.html

You da Man... I knew there was a way ...

we say Grace, we say Amen, life is short!

TelePaul's picture
Killeen/Fort Hood, Texas
May 2009
Today
Originally Posted by bladedguitar66

...audacity has never worked on this computer

Did you download the Lame mp3 encoder for Audacity? Lame mp3

I downloaded it and now Audacity will export mp3 files that will play in iTunes.

bladedguitar66's picture
Noo Hampsheer
Mar 2009
9 months ago

Thanks for the responses, everyone. I appreciate it. I'm going to look into your suggestions- hopefully something will work! If not, no big deal, though.

Tray: I thought this would work, tried it out a few times... No luck. All that turns out is an unplayable file. No clue why, though.

TP: Unfortunately, Audacity doesn't work at all on this computer. So I haven't been able to download anything for it.

The Good Catches Up

newb3fan's picture
West Chester, PA (west of Philly)
Jan 2009
3 years ago

wow, if KP doesn't know I think we're hosed........

NewB3Fan

My Gear - Gibson, Fender, Martin, Tone King, Way Huge, Strymon

My YT Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/crazyb3fan?feature=mhee

alibieddie's picture
Indiana
Jan 2009
5 days ago

Here is a site that has all kinds of free converters on it. I have used it to download video's from YouTube and burn to a disk and watch them on tv. I have also taken the vid's and converted them to mp3s. Not sure if its what your looking for but you might check it out.

http://www.dvdvideosoft.com/

Just keep on picking, you'll see what happens, at the very least you'll have a lot of fun, at the very best you might just make a living. “Keith Richards”