33 posts / 0 new
Last post
sax4blues's picture
May 2010
6 years ago

My sons high school band wants to enter a competition next year based on classic rock. The problem is the singer does not have the high classic rock voice. He's fine for the current drop tunning and punk stuff but can't hit the Robert Plant stuff.

I need some classic rock singers/bands with lower vocal range for them to choose from.

Granty_Boy's picture
Hamilton, Scotland
Jan 2004
1 year ago

How about Lynyrd Skynyrd or Van Halen? Neither of those bands had singer's who sang too high (in comparison to Plant, Jon Anderson or Geddy Lee). Black Sabbath, Aerosmith and Thunder might also be worth checking out.

Gibson LP Classic, Fender Mexican Standard Strat, Ibanez S320> Dunlop Crybaby Classic, Boss TU-2, SPF Ego Booster, Keeley BD-2, EH Graphic Fuzz, Fulltone OCD, Boss LS-2, Ibanez AD9, MXR Carbon Copy, EH Stereo Electric Mistress, EH Small Stone Nano, Boss CE-5 in loop of LS-2 > Marshall TSL 122

Other gizmos - Boss OS-2, Roger Mayer Mongoose Fuzz, Boss GE-7, Marshall SV-1 Supervibe, Seymour Duncan Tweak Fuzz, Dunlop Crybaby, EHX LPB1 Nano, Boss DS-1, EH Small Stone, EH Holy Grail, Boss BF-2

bad_smell's picture
Sep 2005
6 years ago

The Who had a few good, lower songs.

That delicious smell is the result of a birdnest on a pair of 6L6's.
"note to self" dont leave anything in the garage. www.myspace.com/lesshiding

Quote:

Originally posted by Matthew17: When he's asleep, slap your penis into his face and scream "SHUT IT UP WITH THE ****ING GUITAR". It'll work, trust me.

Originally posted by underthesun: it's true. If you open up that amp, you will find more of a rat's nest than if you actually opened up a nest inhabited by rats.

Originally posted by shinedownrocker: ...it sound like bees ****ing. Why cant it never sound right?

Originally posted by Vamplifier: hauling the amp back to shop is the last thing I want to do. And I don't trust people, I feel like the dumb blonde trophy wife at the auto mechanic.

Originally posted by RadioElectric: I've used my girlfriend's hand as a capo once in a music shop but I never really explored beyond there.

evenflow502's picture
New Jersey
Sep 2005
6 years ago

Originally posted by bad smell
The Who had a few good, lower songs.

such as the ones sang by John Entwhistle :D

Where's Mike McCready? MY GOD! He's been ate!!

my rig

Quote:

Originally posted by dase
I hope Joe [Strummer]'s haunting someone over at their corporate headquarters right now.

Talent?!'s picture
Merseyside, U.K.
Aug 2003
2 years ago

Thin Lizzy

-You are now breathing manually.
Gear

Quote:

Originally posted by thelabia {regarding glow in the dark furbies}
WOW!!! That'd rock!
Or you could give them spandex and facepaint and use the enclosure to hold Illegal furbie cage matches...
Theres never a dull moment with an empty krank head...

Quote:

Originally posted by Motorhead
If crack made a noise then the X2N would make the same noise.

Zeppelanoid's picture
Montreal, Canada
Feb 2006
4 years ago

Van Halen? Their singer used to shriek like a baby.

Talent?!'s picture
Merseyside, U.K.
Aug 2003
2 years ago

Originally posted by Zeppelanoid
Van Halen? Their singer used to shriek like a baby.

+1

Although he could mean "Van Hagar" or worse....

-You are now breathing manually.
Gear

Quote:

Originally posted by thelabia {regarding glow in the dark furbies}
WOW!!! That'd rock!
Or you could give them spandex and facepaint and use the enclosure to hold Illegal furbie cage matches...
Theres never a dull moment with an empty krank head...

Quote:

Originally posted by Motorhead
If crack made a noise then the X2N would make the same noise.

idiot_glee's picture
Earth?
Apr 2005
8 years ago

You oughta play Immigrant Song man, I'm tellin' ya when I think raiders from the north coming to tame new lands, I think deep voices, dude!

Remember, reverb is magic.

Red Fender MIM Stratocaster (now with Lace Sensors) > Dunlop Crybaby > Danelectro DanEcho > Roland MicroCube

jacksonjs30's picture
pa
Jul 2004
8 years ago

alot of pink floyd stuff

learning to fly is pretty low to middle singing

jackass's picture
Gorgeous PDX, OR
Feb 2003
5 years ago

Glen Danzig
Allman Bros.
The Band

What about Jimi Hendrix?

Fuzzhead's picture
St. Louis, MO.
Jul 2006
4 years ago

The Doors
Lou Reed

USA G&L ASAT -> Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Bandcamp page: "Foundation" EP available now!
Ye olde Myspace

"Punk is whatever we make it to be." - D. Boon