16 posts / 0 new
Last post
theguitarsquall's picture
Jun 2005
6 years ago

hey all,
i'm looking for a mixer that i can use as a recording interface. budget's pretty low, 8 tracks are enough, needs usb out. i also need to be able to route each individual audio channel into seperate tracks on ProTools or Ableton live.
anyone know of anything that'll do the trick?

Moo_2's picture
Texas
Oct 2005
3 years ago

An 8 track interface complete with preamps is going to run you at least $400. What do you need 8 tracks for?

Gentle Robot - Chapel Hill NC Rock Band

Seagull Artist Mosaic (acoustic)
Fender Strat Plus
Line 6 M9
Traynor YCV40WR

Jun 2005
6 years ago

mic'ing drums i suppose, 4 tracks seems a little limited for that. one on the bass, two overhead, one on the snare, two toms, hi hat. and if i wanted to do a live recording, 8 might come in handy for mic'ing drums+multiple guitars/vocals

tymanrocks's picture
Toronto/Kingston
Apr 2006
4 years ago

You can get a Presonus Firepod now for $399 street. It is the best deal going in recording interfaces. Period.

Jun 2005
6 years ago

can i configure each channel to come up as a seperate audio track on protools or ableton live on the presonus?

Moo_2's picture
Texas
Oct 2005
3 years ago

Yes.

Originally posted by tymanrocks
You can get a Presonus Firepod now for $399 street. It is the best deal going in recording interfaces. Period.

It's pretty much the same thing as the M-Audio Delta 1010.

And 4 tracks really isn't much cheaper than 8.

Fender Strat Plus
Line 6 M9
Traynor YCV40WR

guitarose's picture
London
May 2005
4 years ago

Alesis have a new thing out... i/o26 or something : 8 inputs, quite cheap i think. I almost wish i had one instread of my relatively new focusrite saffire le, but the pre's on th saffire are meant to be better than many interfaces, so i guess im happy.

Ibanez SA160QM (w/ Lindy Fralin's)
Boss TU-2 > Boss DS-2 > EHX Big Muff Pi > Arion SAD-1 > Boss PH3 >Boss RV-3 >Visual sound Jekyll & Hyde> Akai Headrush > tech 21 triac> "borrowed" Roland JC-50

For Sale/trade, PM for info:

Quote:

Originally posted by DAVIDCOUPE
Guitarose has had one for sale in his sig since i joined this ****ing site. Somebody just buy it!

Epiphone Alleykat (w/hard case)
DOD fx25B Diago gigman pedalboard (virtually as new) Boss OC-2 MXR Dynacomp

tymanrocks's picture
Toronto/Kingston
Apr 2006
4 years ago

Originally posted by Moo
It's pretty much the same thing as the M-Audio Delta 1010.

No way. The Delta 1010 is PCI, Presonus is firewire (I'm a laptop man) and there are no mic preamps on the M-Audio.

tymanrocks's picture
Toronto/Kingston
Apr 2006
4 years ago

Originally posted by theguitarsquall
can i configure each channel to come up as a seperate audio track on protools or ableton live on the presonus?

BTW it won't work with Pro Tools. Only interfaces made by M-Audio and Digidesign work with Pro Tools.

Moo_2's picture
Texas
Oct 2005
3 years ago

No way. The Delta 1010 is PCI, Presonus is firewire (I'm a laptop man) and there are no mic preamps on the M-Audio.

Wow you're right. That's a pretty big waste of money.

Fender Strat Plus
Line 6 M9
Traynor YCV40WR

iaresee's picture
Here
Sep 2006
1 year ago

BTW it won't work with Pro Tools. Only interfaces made by M-Audio and Digidesign work with Pro Tools.

This is not true. MoTU, Apogee -- they work with Protools. Protools can talk ASIO2 but if you want hassle free, set-it-up-and-it-works living you need to buy something ProTools certified. Which is what the whole M-Audio Protools stuff is about.

- IAN C. -
Rig: PRS | Schecter USA | Gibson | Axe-Fx II | empress effects
Beta tester: Fractal Audio | empress effects