5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Scruff's picture
Victoria B.C.
Aug 2007
5 years ago

Getting some simple recording gear, mostly for kicks and to hear what I can do after I'm done playing it. I've looked at various digital portastudios, a la Fostex, Boss and Tascam.

What I found was that little Tascam DR-1, the really small, handheld recording thing with a built in mic. Does anybody have experience with it? Tried it? Thoughts on it?

I'm not going to be using it for anything serious, just simple from amp/direct from a guitar or stompbox kind of stuff.

The Machines

Quote:

Originally posted by messy bedroom
If you ask EHX how old something is or how to date it, they could give you a better reference buy looking up what kind of grass they were smoking that week.

Then swab the inside of the pedal send it to the lab for testing in a week or two they'll be able to tell you.

If you find a tab of acid in there take it.
The further back you trip the older it is. If its a bad trip then you know its from the 80's.

DAVIDCOUPE's picture
Canada
May 2006
10 months ago

Tape recorders are where it's at, if you're that kind.

Scruff's picture
Victoria B.C.
Aug 2007
5 years ago

How easy are they to upload to a computer, for cd burning and the like?

The Machines

Quote:

If you ask EHX how old something is or how to date it, they could give you a better reference buy looking up what kind of grass they were smoking that week.

Then swab the inside of the pedal send it to the lab for testing in a week or two they'll be able to tell you.

The further back you trip the older it is. If its a bad trip then you know its from the 80's.

iaresee's picture
Here
Sep 2006
1 year ago

I laid out my opinions on the analog v. digital debate here: http://guitargeek.com/chat/showthread.php?s=&threadid=95904

I haven't used any of the units you're looking at so no advice there. If you can head into a store that carries them I'd say try them out.

- IAN C. -
Rig: PRS | Schecter USA | Gibson | Axe-Fx II | empress effects
Beta tester: Fractal Audio | empress effects

Scruff's picture
Victoria B.C.
Aug 2007
5 years ago

With what you said in mind, I think I've gotten some ideas formulating properly. Thanks for the advice.

The Machines

Quote: