5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Scruff's picture
Victoria B.C.
Aug 2007
5 years ago

Getting some simple recording gear, mostly for kicks and to hear what I can do after I'm done playing it. I've looked at various digital portastudios, a la Fostex, Boss and Tascam.

What I found was that little Tascam DR-1, the really small, handheld recording thing with a built in mic. Does anybody have experience with it? Tried it? Thoughts on it?

I'm not going to be using it for anything serious, just simple from amp/direct from a guitar or stompbox kind of stuff.

The Machines

Quote:

Originally posted by messy bedroom
If you ask EHX how old something is or how to date it, they could give you a better reference buy looking up what kind of grass they were smoking that week.

Then swab the inside of the pedal send it to the lab for testing in a week or two they'll be able to tell you.

If you find a tab of acid in there take it.
The further back you trip the older it is. If its a bad trip then you know its from the 80's.

DAVIDCOUPE's picture
Canada
May 2006
6 months ago

Tape recorders are where it's at, if you're that kind.

Scruff's picture
Victoria B.C.
Aug 2007
5 years ago

How easy are they to upload to a computer, for cd burning and the like?

The Machines

Quote:

If you ask EHX how old something is or how to date it, they could give you a better reference buy looking up what kind of grass they were smoking that week.

Then swab the inside of the pedal send it to the lab for testing in a week or two they'll be able to tell you.

The further back you trip the older it is. If its a bad trip then you know its from the 80's.

iaresee's picture
Here
Sep 2006
11 months ago

I laid out my opinions on the analog v. digital debate here: http://guitargeek.com/chat/showthread.php?s=&threadid=95904

I haven't used any of the units you're looking at so no advice there. If you can head into a store that carries them I'd say try them out.

- IAN C. -
Rig: PRS | Schecter USA | Gibson | Axe-Fx II | empress effects
Beta tester: Fractal Audio | empress effects

Scruff's picture
Victoria B.C.
Aug 2007
5 years ago

With what you said in mind, I think I've gotten some ideas formulating properly. Thanks for the advice.

The Machines

Quote: