3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Raller84's picture
Ã…rhus, Denmark
Nov 2003
2 years ago

Hey all fellow geeks :-)

My band, Mekhlin, and I just finished our first EP, Manuscript with four tracks. Our band consists of four people including a female singer and we define ourselves as a progressive rock band.

Our genre would be something between progressive, alternative, indie, and post rock with a touch of other genres as for example blues. We have put much effort into making our music sound easy to the ear without the "virtuosity" of many prog bands. Still underneath the easy surface we have tried to retain many of the progressive elements, such as lots of changing time signatures, tone material etc. This way we think we have made almost “pop� songs but with the quality that you can go a lot deeper into them and interpret and analyze them on many levels.
We are inspired by bands like Radiohead, The Mars Volta, Portishead, Fiona Apple, P.J. Harvey, Yes, Muse, Sugar Cubes, Sigur Rós and Interpol..

We would be very happy if you would listen to our music and give us some feedback :-)
You can listen to all the music on our sites on MySpace, Facebook, Purevolume etc, which you will find links for on our (not yet finished) website www.mekhlin.com.

Have a nice day :-)

Architect's picture
Baytown, Texas
Aug 2007
6 years ago

awesome man.

i'm not all that fond of your singer, but i am also greatly influenced by the mars volta and muse, and i can definately hear that in your music, especially in the first song on your myspace profile.

great songwriting, and fantastic guitar tones. i'm going to have to pick up a matchless someday.

War is over... If you want it.

Teh Rig = http://guitargeek.com/chat/showthread.php?s=&threadid=99835

Raller84's picture
Ã…rhus, Denmark
Nov 2003
2 years ago

Thank you very much. I'm glad that you like it!! :-)