7 posts / 0 new
Last post
3rdDay's picture
The Hawkeye State, USA
Dec 2003
6 months ago

Hey guys,

I have the opportunity to buy an old Mackie 1604 from Craigslist. The seller said it was around 15 years old and only used in a church. I already have a Tapco Blend 6 for home recording, but I may need a mixer with more channels for future band use. Is the price they are asking ($300) a good price for a 15-year old Mackie 1604?

Thanks!

My gear.

Want to sell: Dr. Z Route 66

NoFroBro's picture
Australia
Jan 2004
2 months ago

No. About half that is more like it.

My Gear , please wack with the side of your hand for normal service.
Bringing you EVIL VOODOO WAX MAGIC since 2009

3rdDay's picture
The Hawkeye State, USA
Dec 2003
6 months ago

Thanks for the reply. I'll offer that and see if they'll accept it. Much appriciated.

My gear.

3rdDay's picture
The Hawkeye State, USA
Dec 2003
6 months ago

The seller wouldn't let it go for that price. He said he's seen them go for more than 300 bucks on the internet.

My gear.

asatbluesboy's picture
Brasil
Dec 2005
1 year ago

Originally posted by 3rdDay
The seller wouldn't let it go for that price. He said he's seen them go for more than 300 bucks on the internet.

I'm pretty sure he can find naked pics of the pope if he searches hard enough.

crew

Quote:

Originally posted by pop_n_fresh
The thought of EMGs on a Jag makes me vomit a little.

Originally posted by paradeblonde
Beep beeeep beeeeeeeeeep beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPP

Selling BOSS FW-3. I live in Brazil, mind you, so prepare yourself for $30-ish for shipping and waiting. Local pickup available, along with beautiful beaches and cheap bitches.

michael.flavor's picture
Chicago, USA
Oct 2008
3 years ago

Originally posted by 3rdDay

Grab your own set of numbers from the internet and counter with those or ask him to support his claim, because I'm not seeing proof of that on eBay.

I actually knocked nearly $300 off of the price of an Ampeg VT-40 on CL by doing this.

NoFroBro's picture
Australia
Jan 2004
2 months ago

Well $320 get you this NEW with a USB interface.

While I can see arguements for why the Mackie is a better product and Behringer are cheating on the number of actual channels; The simple fact of the matter is that the price of this sort of product has been dropping like a whores panties for the last 15 years. He probably paid well over $1000 for it and is trying to recoup as much of that investment as possible.

I hear and feel his pain, you shouldn't have to pay him for it.

My Gear , please wack with the side of your hand for normal service.
Bringing you EVIL VOODOO WAX MAGIC since 2009