22 posts / 0 new
Last post
DoctorRocker's picture
Dayton, Ohio
Dec 2007
11 months ago

My wife made me come watch this last night, and it made me think of Joe Hempel (in a very good way). Kind of the American "Susan Boyle" moment (The lady from "Britan's Got Talent" if you've been living under a rock...). Pretty cool moment for an unemployed "chicken catcher" from Kentucky...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lzul5rxd-i8

"Old Guys Rule"... Tugwell

golfhead's picture
Ottawa,Ontario
Jun 2008
8 months ago

Thx Doc! I just missed it last night. Personally for me, I find the show is fixed. They scan the audience before the performance(they are all shaking their heads, etc) next they are in trance. Look at Susan Boyle the first one. But its entertaining.

-------------------------

"And unlike the majority of the human race – Vanderbilly people act on that spirit of human kindness." - TelePaul - Dec 21/11

Don Shepherd - DShep228
Member and brother.
July 13, 2011

Ambassador of Canada to Vanderbilly

Mike Friday -- Epi0205
Member..Brother...
Dec 6th 2015..RIP podnah

DoctorRocker's picture
Dayton, Ohio
Dec 2007
11 months ago
Originally Posted by golfhead

Thx Doc! I just missed it last night. Personally for me, I find the show is fixed. They scan the audience before the performance(they are all shaking their heads, etc) next they are in trance. Look at Susan Boyle the first one. But its entertaining.

yeah... producers ruin everything. But the standing-o looked real enough:)

bl200sx's picture
Jun 2008
5 years ago
Originally Posted by DoctorRocker

My wife made me come watch this last night, and it made me think of Joe Hempel (in a very good way). Kind of the American "Susan Boyle" moment (The lady from "Britan's Got Talent" if you've been living under a rock...). Pretty cool moment for an unemployed "chicken catcher" from Kentucky...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lzul5rxd-i8

wow! that was really good, kinda like the sayin goes, "can't judge a book by it's cover"

Originally Posted by golfhead

yea pretty much like American Idol is, but its entertaining, and if it wasn't, it wouldn't keep comin back every year;)

Ass, gas, or grass, nobody rides for free!

glassback's picture
lancashire united kingdom
Jan 2008
9 months ago
Originally Posted by bl200sx

wow! that was really good, kinda like the sayin goes, "can't judge a book by it's cover"

yea pretty much like American Idol is, but its entertaining, and if it wasn't, it wouldn't keep comin back every year;)

that guys gonna be huge on the country n western scene, good on him

If it ain't broke! It soon will be.
I cant sing i aint pretty and my legs are thin
Warning...Now armed with a bass guitar!

http://www.youtube.com/user/MrGlassback

fitz's picture
Michigan
May 2008
3 years ago

wow that was great. amazing video, thanks for sharing doc. I always love watchin people succeed like that when everybody has already counted them out.

R.I.P
Luckyplayer
You will never be forgotten brother.

DoctorRocker's picture
Dayton, Ohio
Dec 2007
11 months ago
Originally Posted by fitz

wow that was great. amazing video, thanks for sharing doc. I always love watchin people succeed like that when everybody has already counted them out.

well said man...:)

1959flametop's picture
U.S. of A
Jun 2009
3 years ago

As soon as I heard him strum the first chord I new he was going to Vegas!! I also saw it last night and I felt so happy for the guy. Great job! But, I often wonder too how real the show gets. :confused:

Dools

link159's picture
Fresno, Ca
Apr 2009
2 years ago

I think the judges knew beforehand that this guy was really good. But because of his humble appeance and background they knew they could set the audience up for a huge shocker. This guy was great. Anyone want to post a lesson on the song he played (If Tomorrow Never Comes) ?

DoctorRocker's picture
Dayton, Ohio
Dec 2007
11 months ago
Originally Posted by link159

...Anyone want to post a lesson on the song he played (If Tomorrow Never Comes) ?

Joe Hempel?

link159's picture
Fresno, Ca
Apr 2009
2 years ago

Garth Brooks ?