999 posts / 0 new
Last post
JJrocker's picture
Dec 2009
1 week ago

Opening new thread to capture on topic details for this collaboration effort.

Songs from 1950 - Present

Current contributors:

schnuffi - BB
Jody
zaxxaz
Mikedem - BB
Ian - BB

This is for complete covers, music and vocals. Skill is not essential, just watch one of mine. Newbies and veterans, won't discriminate!

JJ

JJrocker's picture
Dec 2009
1 week ago
JJrocker;215613 wrote

Opening new thread to capture on topic details for this collaboration effort.

Songs from 1950 - Present

Current contributors:

schnuffi - BB
Jody
zaxxaz
Mikedem - BB
Ian - BB

This is for complete covers, music and vocals. Skill is not essential, just watch one of mine. Newbies and veterans, won't discriminate!

Song list -

http://www.jamrockentertainment.com/billboard-music-top-100-songs-listed-by-year.html

JJ

mikedem's picture
Ottawa, Ontario
Jan 2010
6 days ago

I've calculated at the rate I learn songs we should have a pretty good dent in this list by 2097:o

:D

Jody1985's picture
North Yorkshire, UK
Jun 2009
1 year ago

Needs more contributors than me Jim and BBs! Come on Vanderbilly!

Hossy202's picture
Mar 2011
3 years ago

You guys should do an all instrumental version of A Day in the Life. I would do it, but as Jody knows by now I'm very slow with putting together performance vids. So I'd love to see you guys do that. Oh, and I guess I should have said this first, are you taking requests?

"Chug Chugga Chug, I'm an Alligator!!"-David Bowie

schnuffi's picture
York, England
May 2008
1 year ago
Originally Posted by Hossy202

You guys should do an all instrumental version of A Day in the Life. I would do it, but as Jody knows by now I'm very slow with putting together performance vids. So I'd love to see you guys do that. Oh, and I guess I should have said this first, are you taking requests?

who's booking the orchestra?

Hossy202's picture
Mar 2011
3 years ago

I was thinking of just doing John's two parts, I don't really like the Mccartney bit in there. One guitar for the progression, one to mimic John's vocals one drummer, and if you want to add piano the piano bits seem pretty easy. Also, you could totally fake the end part without an orchestra.

"Chug Chugga Chug, I'm an Alligator!!"-David Bowie

JJrocker's picture
Dec 2009
1 week ago

One of my favorite contributors "Treebeard" also has thrown his hat into the ring. That makes the current roster:

schnuffi
Mikedem
Ian
Jody
zaxxaz
Treebeard
JJrocker

I will shout out privately to others that make performance vid's to see if they also want to be part of this Historical event! All are welcome.

I hope to form teams within the next few weeks once we have identified the initial participants. My expectation is others will trickle in as this moves forward. The songs will begin from 1950 - 1959 and progress forward to the present time.

To make this a reasonable anthology perhaps 10 songs per decade? Any thoughts on this are most welcome. I will be sending out a list of suggested songs everyone can vote on or add to.

Just as an FYI I am trying to get my old bass player "Donny" to join in. It would be great to add another bassist. That's all for now folks!

Peace out,

JJ

Jody1985's picture
North Yorkshire, UK
Jun 2009
1 year ago

Can I be part of the ten songs per decade which aren't Beatles songs? :D

schnuffi's picture
York, England
May 2008
1 year ago
Originally Posted by Jody1985

Can I be part of the ten songs per decade which aren't Beatles songs? :D

NO!!!!:D

No one should play stuff they don't like, I'm sure you're allowed to say "no"

schnuffi's picture
York, England
May 2008
1 year ago

I would just say, anyone with a line 6 guitarport/toneport/pod or similar usb interfaces or amplitube can record in excellent quality. If you don't know how, there's guys here that can help, just ask.
we need more contributors on this project