how much shouid i pay?
are they any good?
where can i get one?

http://www.myspace.com/karlwilliamrichards

jonbye's picture
UK
Apr 2006
3 years ago

Your second question should be your first really- are they any good? Can't answer it personally but if you're only thinking of buying one because the Gallaghers had one, think again.
For the best value 335-style guitar have a look at the Ibanez As73. If you want a union jack guitar buy one by Vintage. Epiphone may make the gallgher one in union jack but you'll pay more for the association than the guitar is necessarily worth in playing terms.
In summary, put aside your hero worship and work out why you really want this guitar.

My Rig

"...We should be wasting that space with another discussion about something truly useful, like tits or religion or something......." - Fiveways

sloppy_phil's picture
Toronto, Ontario
Aug 2008
4 years ago

having played one which belongs to a friend, i can safely say that they are indeed nice guitars; at least the one he had was!

but jonbye raises a good point; you are probably paying a premium for the signature on the guitar. i think my buddy paid about $1000 CDN for it. it was definitely not more than that, but it could have also been a couple hundred bucks less... i don't recall too clearly, but I remember not being outraged by the price. As to where you can get one... well, I'm on the wrong side of the pond to help

jonbye's picture
UK
Apr 2006
3 years ago

GAK in Birghton will probably do one if you really want one. However I'd still suggest shopping around - within epiphone, the dot studio is supposed to be brilliant value for money even if you're prepared to compromise the brit flag paint job

My Rig

"...We should be wasting that space with another discussion about something truly useful, like tits or religion or something......." - Fiveways

cosmiqphuz's picture
Lancaster, Pa
Dec 2008
1 year ago

I've always thought about getting an Epiphone Sheraton. If I was to get a semi-hollow, it would be a Sheraton.

Most signature guitars are nothing more than novelty. However, a few of them actually have unique features/functions. The Epiphone BB King Lucille signature is pretty badass. Solid body 335 with a varitone switch and dual output jacks......nice.

Uome's picture
The Netherlands
Aug 2004
1 year ago
Originally Posted by cosmiqphuz

Most signature guitars are nothing more than novelty. However, a few of them actually have unique features/functions. The Epiphone BB King Lucille signature is pretty badass. Solid body 335 with a varitone switch and dual output jacks......nice.

Mmmmh. You can get pretty cool lo-fi tones with that vari-tone switch too. Plus it's the only semi-hollowbody I know that doesn't have f-holes.

I reject reality and substitute my own

fbccars924's picture
Wood River, Illinois
Dec 2010
3 years ago

^ Same with the ESP kh-2. It's great for more than just Metallica stuff.

Hamer Sat2 or Jackson JRR-94 Rhoads>Laney gc80a or hc25(practice).

Hamer(standard tuning) Ernie ball Slinkies
Alvarez Dana Scoop (standard tuning) D'adarrio 10's
LTD EC200qxm (standard tuning) EB Slinkies

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerebro911
View Post
No love for vintage strings? Let me guess, you play EMGs into a Line 6 and think Jim Root is better than Jimi Hendrix.
TheHouseholdCat's picture
Berlin, Germany
Jan 2011
5 years ago

The original Union Jack Epiphone sounded pretty bad, at least according to Noel himself. ^^ I don't think the Noel Gallagher Supernova Epiphone sounds too bad. I have never played one, but I'd say it wouldn't be worse than any other Epiphone semi-acoustic ...

"I don't put on Chainsaw Massacre and run around naked."