16 posts / 0 new
Last post
Fuzzhead's picture
St. Louis, MO.
Jul 2006
4 years ago

Scored a near-mint 2010 USA G&L ASAT classic off the eBay.

If you've played one of these, you know what I'm talkin' 'bout. Plays like butter and sounds more like a Tele than any Tele I tried.

Photos to come once I'm less tired, and I re-learn how to do photos here. Just had to mark the occasion. It's been so long, GuitarGeek.

USA G&L ASAT -> Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Bandcamp page: "Foundation" EP available now!
Ye olde Myspace

"Punk is whatever we make it to be." - D. Boon

mercer_mayor's picture
Muncie, Indiana
Dec 2010
4 years ago

congrats. i was looking for a thinline version, but they were too far out of my price range. i sat in my local music store and played one for a good hour though and loved it.

Washburn HB-32 DM > Swollen Pickle > Nano Small Stone > Marshall Echohead > Ampeg Reverberocket R-212R

Quote:
Originally Posted by olddawg
View Post
Tube amps can kill you.
Fuzzhead's picture
St. Louis, MO.
Jul 2006
4 years ago

Bel-Air green with matching headstock, yes yes.

Ye olde Myspace

Timoren's picture
Houston, TX
Apr 2004
8 months ago

NICE!
matching head stocks are my fav.

Washburn USA Custom Shop P4 Deluxe, USA G&L Legacy, Gretsch Power Jet Firebird, Gibson SG Classic, 72 Tele Deluxe RI, Ibanez Artcore AM73
--
MusicomLab Efx MkII - Zvex Fuzz Factory - ProCo Vintage Rat - Menatone Red Snapper - MXR DynaComp -
Eventide Modfactor - BBE Two Timer - Digitech Digidelay - Boss Line Selector - Boss Tuner
--
Fender Super Champ XD, Kustom 36 Coupe or Randall RM20 with Vox 2x10 cab
http://guitargeek.com/chat/showthrea...moren%27s+toys

cricketchorus's picture
portland
Apr 2007
4 years ago

That is awesome. Congratulations!

arnoldtheduck's picture
England.
Mar 2010
11 months ago

That's one lovely lookin' guitar. Mind if I ask how much you scored it for? I've always wanted a G&L.

Rickenbacker 330/Fender Telecaster Contemporary > North Effects Llama> EHX Deluxe Electric Mistress > Boss DD-3 > EHX Cathedral > Selmer Treble 'n' Bass 50/Roland JC-77.

Fuzzhead's picture
St. Louis, MO.
Jul 2006
4 years ago

Thanks, guys!

I got it for 841 USD, including shipping and a very posh Fender hardshell case with crushed blue velvet interior and ****. A little more than I was originally going to shell out, but for the price it's an amazing guitar. The pickups sound a little hotter than the Fenders I've tried, but with amazingly low noise, and without sacrificing clarity and tone for higher output. Very versatile even with just two pickups. Plenty of jangly brightness. :cool:

Ye olde Myspace

cricketchorus's picture
portland
Apr 2007
4 years ago

I love jangly brightness.

Nietzsche's picture
Tumwater, WA
Apr 2004
4 months ago

Nice score. Love the color!

"I may be wrong and you may be right, and by an effort, we may get closer to the truth." ~ Karl R. Popper

DAVIDCOUPE's picture
Canada
May 2006
8 months ago

BAD ASS

I love it.

lobsty's picture
between Berlin and Melbourne...
Nov 2003
3 years ago

Yep. It's one of the snazziest guitars I've seen in a while. That colour! Congrats :D

Crustaceo ergo sum