26 posts / 0 new
Last post
arnoldtheduck's picture
England.
Mar 2010
1 year ago

Not sure if you guys have seen these, but Fender have just announced their new 'Pawn Shop' series. They look fantastic, and I'm arranging to try out the Mustang Special. Link here.

Rickenbacker 330/Fender Telecaster Contemporary > North Effects Llama> EHX Deluxe Electric Mistress > Boss DD-3 > EHX Cathedral > Selmer Treble 'n' Bass 50/Roland JC-77.

mmasonmusic's picture
Los Angeles, CA
Jan 2010
4 years ago

But I already have a mustang, and I think it's pretty special... :P

I have to admit it's pretty cool looking... Only $999 too

arnoldtheduck's picture
England.
Mar 2010
1 year ago

I have to admit it's pretty cool looking... Only $999 too

That's what I thought dude. The pickups are the same as the ones in my Jaguar, but I fancy a change. The '72 is really nice looking as well though. Might try them all out.

Rickenbacker 330/Fender Telecaster Contemporary > North Effects Llama> EHX Deluxe Electric Mistress > Boss DD-3 > EHX Cathedral > Selmer Treble 'n' Bass 50/Roland JC-77.

Timoren's picture
Houston, TX
Apr 2004
10 months ago

"only $999"
I can remember when the CIJ Competition Mustangs were only $549. I passed a LPB one with the matching headstock up for $400 on clearance when they discontinued them and I'm still kicking myself.

Washburn USA Custom Shop P4 Deluxe, USA G&L Legacy, Gretsch Power Jet Firebird, Gibson SG Classic, 72 Tele Deluxe RI, Ibanez Artcore AM73
--
MusicomLab Efx MkII - Zvex Fuzz Factory - ProCo Vintage Rat - Menatone Red Snapper - MXR DynaComp -
Eventide Modfactor - BBE Two Timer - Digitech Digidelay - Boss Line Selector - Boss Tuner
--
Fender Super Champ XD, Kustom 36 Coupe or Randall RM20 with Vox 2x10 cab
http://guitargeek.com/chat/showthrea...moren%27s+toys

lefturn's picture
Mar 2011
4 years ago

Toooooo shiny and expensive to be called "Pawn Shop" :mad:

I would rather have a dirtier model at around $400. Without the crappy stickers you find on a lot of real pawn shop guitars though :D

mmasonmusic's picture
Los Angeles, CA
Jan 2010
4 years ago

I think they call them pawn shop guitars because they have features that you would probably find on modified guitars in a pawn shop. There are lots of those, especially in California. Lots of kids who gave up or got into drugs.

I bought my CIJ Mustang when they were so not cool (2005-ish) used for $700 at a music store. I had to tweak the crap to get it to rock, but it's mine now. You'll never see that at a pawn shop... *shakes fist*

guitargeek_2's picture
guitargeek compound
Dec 1995
1 year ago

The Mustang version is the only one that perks my interest.

www.guitargeek.com
the guitar rig database
official guitargeek merchandise
-----------------------------------
bands
alison's halo | geek'd rig
lochheed | geek'd rig
insta
-----------------------------------
jetpackmods xp pedal conversions -
xp-1000 mod - This modification enables any xp pedal to switch between all four xp modules. This means you will have the xp-100 whammy, xp-200 modulator, xp-300 space station and xp-400 reverberator all in ONE pedal! pre-modded xp1000s also available: pm me for pricing & availability

lobsty's picture
between Berlin and Melbourne...
Nov 2003
3 years ago

I saw these the other day too... Gotta say they look great. The Mustang looks mighty fine, so does the 51. Not sure about the hollow one but I can see why some people would dig it.

I say good on Fender for putting out some really interesting stuff that;s actually usable, not whacky-for-the-sake-of-it stuff but genuinely cool stuff.

Crustaceo ergo sum

messy_bedroom's picture
Toronto On. Canada
Jun 2007
6 months ago

my interest was killed when i saw that the mustang was a hard tail and not the traditional mustang bridge.

Messy Bedroom Luxe & Reduxe

Good exchange with Cham Clowder.

beerski's picture
Jun 2003
10 months ago

Binding on the f-hole looks sweet, they should do that to more of the thinlines. Interesting pickup wiring/switching.

Fender Strat
Fender Blacktop Tele
TB FX Loop/Channel Switcher > (in loop) > Mojo Hand Analog Filter > EQD Dream Crusher Fuzz > Subdecay Liquid Sunshine > Frazz Dazzler > Line 6 M9 > EHX Memory Toy > (end of loop)
Soldano HR50+

Rig Thread

jonbye's picture
UK
Apr 2006
3 years ago

Way too expensive forwahat they are . That said I heard rumours they were designed in the Japan factory and the more of Fender Japan's stuff that comes to market the better

My Rig

"...We should be wasting that space with another discussion about something truly useful, like tits or religion or something......." - Fiveways