30 posts / 0 new
Last post
Braunz0's picture
Decatur, IL
Jan 2005
1 year ago

GO! Tell me, I need to do some research!

teleman_2's picture
The land of Peace, Love, Justice and No Mercy
Mar 2003
3 years ago

Why?

Quote:

Originally posted by teleman
Bo Diddley is the baddest cat there ever was, and ever will be.

see my sale/trade thread

Braunz0's picture
Decatur, IL
Jan 2005
1 year ago

Because I want to invest my money in a nice American made guitar while I have time to blow money (pre-college savings). I've been looking at Gibsons and the way I understand it, they have crap QC and they're WAY overpriced. Just kind of wondered what were some great American guitars for the price... I kind of want something a bit classy, but versatile.

teleman_2's picture
Mar 2003
3 years ago

Why not look into a boutique?

Quote:

see my sale/trade thread

Braunz0's picture
Decatur, IL
Jan 2005
1 year ago

Like? I don't want to waste thousands on a guitar. I just want a guitar that I can play that plays and sounds great and I won't feel TOO bad about dinging it up (I'm a clutz!) So I don't want anything that's too expensive, because I would hate it to be in my hands (aka in danger). Basically a workhorse.

Hasselhoff's picture
San Francisco
Apr 2003
6 years ago

No offense, dude, but it looks like you got plenty of guitars there that play great and you shouldn't care too much about dinging up...imho.

Gold hardware should be OUTLAWED!!!

Braunz0's picture
Decatur, IL
Jan 2005
1 year ago

:D Thanks, I'm actually wanting to snag an American, though... Why? To be honest... NO LEGIT REASON beyond me wanting an American made guitar. Like I said, I just don't want to dish the cash out for a Les Paul.

teleman_2's picture
Mar 2003
3 years ago

Have you looked into Reverend?

Quote:

see my sale/trade thread

Braunz0's picture
Decatur, IL
Jan 2005
1 year ago

Actually, yeah, a bit. But I thought their US line was temporarily discontinued? I've even looked at Godin a little bit. (I don't have anything against Canada :D )

teleman_2's picture
Mar 2003
3 years ago

I wasn't aware of that:confused:

Quote:

see my sale/trade thread

axslinger_2's picture
Boone, NC
Mar 2005
8 years ago

I would look into G&L if I were you. My next purchase is going to be a semi-hollow ASAT.

2003 gibson sg (naturalburst w/rio grande texas bbq humbuckers)-2005 fender deluxe reissue 1972 custom tele (phat cat in neck pos., Rio Grande Vintage Tallboy in bridge)-1996 MIM fender strat (SD quarter pounders and jb jr.)>budda bud-wah>fulltone fulldrive 2>'59 Reissue Fender Bassman LTD