5 posts / 0 new
Last post
ifightaliens's picture
Philadelphia, PA
Jan 2006
4 years ago

My buddy needs money for an engagement ring and offered to sell his 1975 Guild Starfire to me for $500.

A) What would I be able to flip this for?

and

B) What's demand for these like?

Quote:

Originally posted by jollyroger206
i cant even pretend to have any experience in that field...(but im drunk so i feel obligated to give advice anyway)

Fender Strat (dimarzio HS-3 Pickups)>DOD A/B switch->Boss TU12 tuner>Dunlop Crybaby>Digitech Synth Wah>Ibanez DE-7>MXR Phase 90>>Boss NS2>DOD YJM>Boss HR-2, Boss PS-5 with expression pedal>Boomerang Looper> Ibanez HD1500>Carvin X100B/Legacy Cabinet

myspace.com/beforetheaccidenthappens

Robotron2084's picture
Jul 2009
4 years ago
Originally Posted by ifightaliens

My buddy needs money for an engagement ring and offered to sell his 1975 Guild Starfire to me for $500.

A) What would I be able to flip this for?

and

B) What's demand for these like?

Depending on condition, 1800+. This is one of the best regarded semi-hollow of that era, so buyers are out there, but vintage semi-hollows attract the collector market and they usually know what they want and are very choosy. You won't be able to flip this as easy as a vintage telecaster.

olddawg's picture
Southern California & Hawaii usually, but I get around
Dec 2004
1 year ago

It's definitely worth $500, especially if it has no issues. It will not be as valuable as an older one of course. Keep in mind that you see mid 60s ones around for $1500 or so all of the time. It's worth what someone will pay or it. You might do better in a trade situation at a shop, but be careful.

Stage Guitars: '80s Thin line LP Custom, '70 LP Standard, '83 Squier Black Headstock Strat w/ Dan Torres pickups, '59 Black Danelectro DC, sometimes others.

Pedal Board: Nady UHF 10 -> TU2 -> Rocktron Big Crush -> 70s MXR Phase 100 -> Cry Baby -> Bad Monkey -> Early '80s Rat -> Early '80s Ibanez CS 9 -> Ibanez DE 7 -> Behringer Dr 100 Stereo Reverb

Stage amps: '63 Blonde Tremolux w/ two original 2X10 cabinets with a '60 Ampeg Rocket/18 watt VTB Marshall clone/ Epi VJ into a Mashall 1965A

tremulant's picture
PAPER CITY MA
Jun 2007
4 years ago

sent you a message!

RIG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackfuzz
View Post
SeaSick Steve . . . is that you ???
messy_bedroom's picture
Toronto On. Canada
Jun 2007
2 months ago

why can i never find these starfire deals? I love those things. probably my favourite hollow body guitar that I've tried

Messy Bedroom Luxe & Reduxe

Good exchange with Cham Clowder.