8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Mordecai52005's picture
New York
Mar 2009
6 years ago

Hey everyone, how ya doing?

My question is such...

How can i fully utilize the stereo function, of a stereo guitar pedal?

I have a digitech reverb pedal, which has 2 outputs for stereo use, but i only have one amp i plug into (Peavey JSX Signature Guitar Head, 4x12 B52 slant cab, Ampeg 4x12 straight cab.)

How is there a way to make it stereo, but still only sending the signal into the one head/input?

Would i have to get some sort of A/B/Y switcher pedal, where i can turn two paths, mixed into one? I have no idea, and i need some help!

Thanks!

Hides-His-Eyes's picture
Apr 2009
4 years ago

You just can't, not without a stereo amp or two amps.

myspace.com/notnowthishorizon
myspace.com/hideshiseyesmusic

Mordecai52005's picture
New York
Mar 2009
6 years ago

true, i thought there was a way around it. you know how complicated a signal chain can be!

i guess when im rich and i can afford another JSX head, and 2 more cabinets; thats when i can go stereo! :D

thanks

Hides-His-Eyes's picture
Apr 2009
4 years ago

Unless you're going rack i can't see how many people manage to run stereo rigs to be honest.

myspace.com/notnowthishorizon
myspace.com/hideshiseyesmusic

jonny-b-brown's picture
Nashville, TN
Feb 2008
3 years ago

I like to use two small combos in stereo, usually by splitting the signal with a stereo effect, even though I may not even use the effect itself. It just helps in bigger band situations when the amount of monitors or individual monitor mixes is limited. It's also fun to have the wet delay signal go to a quieter, darker amp while the main amp is dry.

I'm just two people short of a threesome.

piratezombie's picture
portland, ME
May 2007
4 years ago

stereo rigs are sometimes the way to go. although i dont use reverb in stereo, i like to have two amps running. one with a bit of a mid scoop and lots of sloppy bass, and the other one more focused. by themselves they dont sound great but together its awesome! the only problem is that it leads to allot of toe tapping, if i had the money id invest in some sort of switching system.

on a more related note, i always wanted to run one of the stereo outputs to the pa, maybe add some more swirley effects too it. unfortunatly my band disolved because everyone left for college.

rig
graar!!!

Laney1566's picture
Portland Oregon
Jul 2007
6 years ago

The only stereo pedal I need to use is a CE-20 Chorus ensemble. it is last in the chain and I run it to 2 amps.....Talk about awesome!!!!

Laney

Savant's picture
Ft. Lauderdale
Aug 2009
5 years ago
Originally Posted by Mordecai52005

Hey everyone, how ya doing?

My question is such...

How can i fully utilize the stereo function, of a stereo guitar pedal?

I have a digitech reverb pedal, which has 2 outputs for stereo use, but i only have one amp i plug into (Peavey JSX Signature Guitar Head, 4x12 B52 slant cab, Ampeg 4x12 straight cab.)

How is there a way to make it stereo, but still only sending the signal into the one head/input?

Would i have to get some sort of A/B/Y switcher pedal, where i can turn two paths, mixed into one? I have no idea, and i need some help!

Thanks!

You can do something. One option is to ditch the JSX for 2 60 watt heads. Most 4x12s have a stereo option, and even failing that you have 2 cabs, so you have a starting point if you do get another amp. So, you already probably have 2 ways to run your speakers in stereo. You could just get a cheap solid state head and use it only for the stereo output.

I believe that the 60 watters are superior, as you can use both for clean sounds, and just one for dirty. This will allow you to drive the power amp a little more in the dirty amp. There are some routing units out there that can accomplish this. Experiment with all sorts of combos until you find what works.

Autistic Savant