19 posts / 0 new
Last post
imalonrdotiareb's picture
Memphis, TN
May 2004
9 years ago

does anyone know any phasers where you can manually control the sweep of the phaser with an expression pedal...such as the Moog phaser, or the infinitphase?

My Gear

Guitars: 1966 Gibson ES-335---PRS Custom 22---PRS McCarty Soapbar---Fender Esquire---Fender Strat

Amps: 1971 Hiwatt DR103---1966 Blackface Fender Bassman (with custom modifications on one channel)

Cabs: Vintage Fender Bassman 2x12 cab with Vintage 30's

Effects (not in order of signal path): Gig-FX Chopper---Maxon AD999---late 70's Tube Screamer---Sniper EQ---Fulltone Clyde Wah Deluxe---Fulltone Choralflange---Boss Ph-1r---Digitech WH-4---Ernie Ball Volume Pedal---Boss TU-2

Other: Custom Variac (used to drop the amount of power that the Bassman receives)---Ebow---lots of Loooper stuff

MrZosoNP's picture
left of left
Jan 2004
6 years ago

the mooger does it, and it's awsome...

Do you think a vintage laptop would sound better?

Quote:

Originally posted by Phrygia80
You cant polish a turd and you cant amplify one either.

nickphaneuf.com

my myspace

my compy rig (UPDATED)

some of my pedals

i_finlayson37's picture
Edinburgh
Mar 2003
10 years ago

Originally posted by gururyan
I believe there are "wah" housed trems that are used the same way as a wah...only it's a trem.

Is a manual tremolo not just a volume pedal? :confused:

MXR Phase 45 -> Digitech Hot Rod -> Digitech Whammy4 -> Lovetone Doppelganger -> AKAI Headrush -> EHX Holy Grail -> Marshall MG 30DFX

Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster
Squier Jazz Bass
Westfield SR383 Acoustic
Ibanez 12-String Jumbo

And here it is Geeked for those with short attention spans:

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...78610069YGpPVx

CicadaSilence's picture
Michigan
Mar 2004
1 year ago

I'm pretty sure the Pigtronix EP1 does it. Kinda pricey, though.

Line 6 MM4 modeler will do it too. Obviously(?)

Kalaab's picture
Pepperland
Jan 2005
7 years ago

Moogerfoogers will do the trick. Also, the Rotovibe might be worth looking into. It has a wah-like treadle that allows you to control the rate of "chorus", which sounds notoriously like a gentle phase.

Am Std. Strat (Lace Sensors Gold/Silver/Blue, GFS Delay Mod Board) -> Pignose Detonator > Ibanez TS7 (TS9 setting) > Ibanez TS7 (Hot setting) > Rocktron Vertigo > Danelectro Reel Echo > Vox Valvetronix AD50VT

scarr's picture
Space City, TX
Jul 2004
8 years ago

Originally posted by CicadaSilence
Line 6 MM4 modeler will do it too.

They won't let you manually sweep the phase. (I sure wish they would though. :)) You can adjust anything you could with the knobs (speed, depth, etc.) with a pedal, but that's the extent of the expression control.

"And if you go, furious angels will bring you back to me" - Rob Dougan

toneseeker's picture
Dallas, TX
Mar 2003
3 years ago

Morley made some really great pedals in the 70's. There was a phaser that was set up like a wah, but my favorite is the old Morley Auto Wah. I'm not quite sure why it was named that, but it is a phaser. Probably qualifies as one of the biggest pedals out there too, but its truly an amazing unique pedal. Good luck finding one though.

imalonrdotiareb's picture
Memphis, TN
May 2004
9 years ago

i know the moog will do it, but the thing is im looking for something smaller than the moog and infinitphase...i really want those but if i can keep from eating up room on my board then i want something smaller (im working on my 2nd board)

My Gear

Guitars: 1966 Gibson ES-335---PRS Custom 22---PRS McCarty Soapbar---Fender Esquire---Fender Strat

Amps: 1971 Hiwatt DR103---1966 Blackface Fender Bassman (with custom modifications on one channel)

Cabs: Vintage Fender Bassman 2x12 cab with Vintage 30's

Effects (not in order of signal path): Gig-FX Chopper---Maxon AD999---late 70's Tube Screamer---Sniper EQ---Fulltone Clyde Wah Deluxe---Fulltone Choralflange---Boss Ph-1r---Digitech WH-4---Ernie Ball Volume Pedal---Boss TU-2

Other: Custom Variac (used to drop the amount of power that the Bassman receives)---Ebow---lots of Loooper stuff

coffeecaster72's picture
Oct 2004
8 years ago

Originally posted by i_finlayson37
Is a manual tremolo not just a volume pedal? :confused:

lol, that's what I was thinking, though he might have meant rate control, not direct control of the sweep.

Current Rig:
-Guitar: 72 Tele Custom Reissue
-Amp: Peavey Prowler 45w Tube Combo (6L6's)
-Effects: Boss TU-2 > Boss Blues Driver > Boss OD-3 > FX loop: Guyatone Slow Volume > Boss GE-7 > Boss BF-2 Japan > Ernie Ball Jr. VP > Ibanez DE7 > Boss DD-5 > Digiverb

tmoney1282's picture
Artesia, New Mexico
Dec 2003
8 years ago

My Akai Intelliphase has touch-sensitivity, hard and soft, hard for it only phases when you play hard, and same for soft. Nifty feature, but I typically don't ever use it.

So....forget the tmoney1282 thing, just call me Thomas.

Doctor_J's picture
Oct 2003
3 years ago

Originally posted by Kalaab
Also, the Rotovibe might be worth looking into. It has a wah-like treadle that allows you to control the rate of "chorus", which sounds notoriously like a gentle phase.

I've been considering getting one of these in the last few days, but I'm a little put off by the fact that the people who are famous for having used them (Hendrix, Trower, Gilmour) aren't even anywhere near being influences of mine.

Stuff I use:
Standard Strat with Lace Hot Golds; Standard Ash Tele; Fulltone OCD, Line6 M9
My Music