4 posts / 0 new
Last post
olly01's picture
Somewhere in England?
Feb 2005
2 years ago

I've recently discovered the wonders of a parallel effects chain.

Using the Boss LS-2 to blend a completely dry guitar - amp sound, with the sounds of my pedals. This however, has meant that unless i'm prepared to buy duplicates of the effects I want in the parallel loop, I can't use the pedals in line as normal.

Is there a way to make this possible, maybe with another line selector?

Line Selector off - Pedals operate as normal

Line Selector on - Pedals mix with dry signal

Hope someone understands what I mean and can in turn, help me out!

If it ain't broke - don't fix it

laa0815's picture
Vienna, Austria / Europe
Dec 2004
2 years ago

Lehle Parallel. It would be the best choice in the whole market. There isn't a more reliable and better product for such a need. :)

Cheers, Dominik

olly01's picture
Somewhere in England?
Feb 2005
2 years ago

yeah I can do that with the LS-2, I am trying to figure out a way to have pedals in parallel, but use them in series with the stomp of a pedal without having to have duplicate pedals in parallel loops.

If it ain't broke - don't fix it

beerski's picture
Jun 2003
3 days ago

You should be able to do that with another LS-2 or an ABY pedal. Basically you'd just be splitting your signal, running one half into your pedal chain and the other half straight through, then switching on/off the dry side.

Another option might be a looper pedal with a dry mix knob or switch. Some of the custom looper websites could probably build one for you.

Fender Strat
Fender Blacktop Tele
TB FX Loop/Channel Switcher > (in loop) > Mojo Hand Analog Filter > EQD Dream Crusher Fuzz > Subdecay Liquid Sunshine > Frazz Dazzler > Line 6 M9 > EHX Memory Toy > (end of loop)
Soldano HR50+

Rig Thread