3 posts / 0 new
Last post
petergadd's picture
London
Feb 2017
4 months ago

I am building a rig and at the end of the chain, I am trying to find suggestions for the stereo end of the line.

Key to this is I want it to throb and be able clean cut like less paul switch toggling to a throb. So not so much only a swing from right to left, like a straight ping pong, but also with a surge back to front or at least simulated with a volume rise at the edges. I have been looking at delays, chorus, modulated and ping pong, also the Boss slicer and more recently Idiot Box Mad doctor stutter.

If anyone understand what the hell  I am talking about and can contribute I will be happy to hear anything.

I don't really want to go the rack route. I wish to stay with pedals if poss.

Kit looked at: (It may help you have an idea what I am trying to do)

Boss Slicer

Idiot Box Mad doctor stutter pedal

TC electronics stereo chorus flange

Line 6 echo park

Boss delay

ABY switch various.

Thanks Guys.

keksdose's picture
northern krautland
Nov 2006
Today

In general you can simulate back and forth movement by altering pre-delay time of a reverb. short=back of the room/close to the wall, long=front of the room/away from the back-wall. I've done that on cubase but I'm not sure if there's a pedal able to do that. Maybe you can motorise a pre-delay pot Neil Young-style;-)

petergadd's picture
London
Feb 2017
4 months ago
Originally Posted by keksdose

In general you can simulate back and forth movement by altering pre-delay time of a reverb. short=back of the room/close to the wall, long=front of the room/away from the back-wall. I've done that on cubase but I'm not sure if there's a pedal able to do that. Maybe you can motorise a pre-delay pot Neil Young-style;-)

What a thought, like a mini variable Whizzer just for that pedal. Food for thought! thanks for that!