18 posts / 0 new
Last post
Bobby_Byrd's picture
Dec 2007
8 years ago

I need buy a gift to my brother, and he likes these effects. I don't know about that, so I ask what pedals you recommend me for that effects (pedals, no racks). (money isn't problem but if is cheap, better haha)

Thanks.

Wylde_Overdrive's picture
St. Louis, MO
Sep 2005
7 years ago

1. what kind of music does he play?

2. what other gear is he using?

without knowing either of these, i'm going to go ahead and suggest the verbzilla reverb and the small stone phaser.

:)

IAmNotARhombus's picture
Oct 2007
4 years ago

Here's a crappy clip of my Red Witch Moon Phaser. It's about the best but you have to tweak it to get a "musical" sound with distortion; it sounds amazing with it, just not very transparent.

http://www.box.net/shared/bqo6mlt6yu

Nothing wrong with a Small Stone, but you won't get those kind of epic textures with it. Since it's a present go with the Small Stone.

Skitzy's picture
Boston, MA
Oct 2007
8 years ago

i like my Holy Grail and PH-3

bings's picture
SLC, Utah
Oct 2006
7 years ago

Strat w/ Tex-Mex pups / Agile P-90 LP / Tele w/ Lace Sensors --> various effects--> Fender Blues Deluxe

Bobby_Byrd's picture
Dec 2007
8 years ago

He likes noise, shoegaze, post-rock, space rock and ambient.
He always said he likes the reverse reverb

weezy's picture
Wisconsin
Aug 2006
6 years ago

I'd definitely recomend a Small Stone phaser. I know that the Digitech Digital Reverb has a reverse reverb mode, but I haven't actually played with one before. A friend really likes his though. I've been looking at the Verbzilla. It doesn't have a reverse mode, but there's definitely some good sounds to be had.

Current rig: Les Paul Classic (Texas BBQ set and fine tuning tailpiece) or Les Paul Studio > SD Pickup Booster > PT-100 > Original Cry Baby > MXR Dynacomp > TS9DX > MT-2 > CH-1 > Stereo Pulsar > NYC Small Stone > Deluxe Memory Man > PDS-1002 > Verbzilla > Ampeg Reverberocket (R12R)

IamPaperface's picture
Pittsburgh, PA
Jun 2007
5 years ago

I believe the only reasonally priced pedal that can do reverse reverb is the digitech digiverb, which I've heard is quite good by the way.

For phase I'd go with either the MXR phase 90. I use it and love it.

tymanrocks's picture
Toronto/Kingston
Apr 2006
4 years ago

You can't go wrong with either a phase 90 or a small stone. Reverb I'm not so sure....there are alot more options.

Glenn_Branca's picture
Nov 2007
1 year ago

Yes, Small Stone is awesome.

MXR 90 is very good, too.

I have a question... how is the MXR 100?

weezy's picture
Wisconsin
Aug 2006
6 years ago

Originally posted by Glenn Branca
I have a question... how is the MXR 100?

In my opinion, it's better sounding and more versatile than a non-script phase 90.

Current rig: Les Paul Classic (Texas BBQ set and fine tuning tailpiece) or Les Paul Studio > SD Pickup Booster > PT-100 > Original Cry Baby > MXR Dynacomp > TS9DX > MT-2 > CH-1 > Stereo Pulsar > NYC Small Stone > Deluxe Memory Man > PDS-1002 > Verbzilla > Ampeg Reverberocket (R12R)