26 posts / 0 new
Last post
MikeS_2's picture
Jun 2004
11 years ago

Hi! YEs, THE Marshall tone comes from a Marshall amp. But I need a close approximation in the form of an overdrive/distortion pedal. What do you think is the best Marshall in a box?

I play a Warmoth strat with 2xhumbuckers into a Selmer 30W amp (no master volume).

Thanks!

paulandpaul's picture
CT
Dec 2003
7 years ago

Marshall shredmaster or a rat

"All men are killers or they're killers brothers." - Robyn Hitch****

shred_90's picture
Wigan, United Kingdom
Dec 2002
6 years ago

The closest you'll get is the Marshall Guvnor pedal. Get an original black one, and you'll be fairly close.

nyrkickazz1's picture
New York City
Oct 2003
1 year ago

Tonebone Hot British. It's got a tube in it and sounds awesome.

Quote:

"Rickenbackers make you think in melodies rather than blues scales." - Roger McGuinn

My stuff.
Rickenbacker 4003/4001 conversion project.

bob_2's picture
Lille - North of France
May 2003
6 years ago

Sansamp Tri AC or GT2

Quote:

Gibson Les Paul Special Faded Double Cut / Gibson Les Paul p90 Melody Maker / Gretsch Synchromatic / Squier MIJ Tele-Strat Hybrid > Boss TU2 Tuner > Maxon OD808 > EHX Small Stone > Das Musikding Tremolo > EHX Memory Toy
> Modded Sovtek Mig 60 > Marshall 1965A 4x10 cab

(very old) Rig Photos

i_finlayson37's picture
Edinburgh
Mar 2003
10 years ago

MXR Phase 45 -> Digitech Hot Rod -> Digitech Whammy4 -> Lovetone Doppelganger -> AKAI Headrush -> EHX Holy Grail -> Marshall MG 30DFX

Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster
Squier Jazz Bass
Westfield SR383 Acoustic
Ibanez 12-String Jumbo

And here it is Geeked for those with short attention spans:

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...78610069YGpPVx

whoresays's picture
seattle
Jun 2004
10 years ago

There isn't a "Marshall-in-a-box" pedal available. The above mentioned ones are close. The EHX Hot Tubes is a good one too.

The Marshall JMP-1 preamp will take you even closer to the "real" Marshall sound depending on what amp your using it with.

"Dave. Stop. Stop, Dave. Will you stop, Dave? I'm afraid. I'm afraid, Dave. Dave, my mind is going. I can feel it..."
- HAL9000

Raller84's picture
Ã…rhus, Denmark
Nov 2003
9 months ago

I think that my RAT2 and my DriveMaster sounds a little like a Marshall amp.. I definitely don't think the ShredMaster do though...

Rasmus

nyrkickazz1's picture
New York City
Oct 2003
1 year ago

Originally posted by i_finlayson37
Maybe the Cot 50 http://www.lovepedal.com/cot50redbg.htm

I never heard of these pedals before, thanks for the link.

Quote:

"Rickenbackers make you think in melodies rather than blues scales." - Roger McGuinn

My stuff.
Rickenbacker 4003/4001 conversion project.

Tecx's picture
Saint John N.B. Canada
Apr 2004
9 years ago

Marshall Plexi in a box

The HAO Rust Driver recreates the classic sound of a late 60's Marshall Plexi running at full bore grind. The HAO Rust Driver's carefully selected components perform faithfully with any amplifier at any volume. The result is a commanding tone with a tight, thick bottom and extremely low signal to noise ratio. A single knob controls output level and gain while three switchable EQ curves maximize tonal options without compromising your guitar sound. When you want that "Plexi Sound," the Rust Driver is an affordable, reliable, portable alternative to the real thing.

Alex

My Rig (soon to be updated)
My isolationist electro acoustic
My ambient dub

I am listning to:
This Heat - (their entire catalog)

Founding member of the Charly Bronsons

Welladjusted's picture
Hamilton, Ontario
Sep 2002
1 year ago

tech 21 triAC. better amp models than line 6 IMO