9 posts / 0 new
Last post
admin's picture
Aug 2014
14 hours ago

yeah, i have a boss aw-3 dynamic wah. its pretty sweet with the variations you can have on the sound and it sounds pretty good and everything, but i dont know, i just cant stand the slight volume drop and tone sucking when the wah is on. standard wahs are out of the question just because i said so, but if you know of any cool auto wahs, let me know about them. thanks.-tim

jamie.pope's picture
London, UK
Dec 2002
7 years ago

I tried the BOSS T-Wah and was actually relatively impressed.

Ernie Ball Jr. Volume pedal
TC Electronic Vintage Tremolo

stratocaster83's picture
Dec 2002
10 years ago

EH q-tron plus, possibly with true bypass (newer models). it's the ultimate funk machine, an envelope filter with loop meant for crazy sounds!!!

I'm trying to fight my own entropy

(gear photos) (gear thread)

stratocast79's picture
Nashville, TN
Aug 2003
6 years ago

how much is a menatone mail bomb?

Persona's picture
Recife, Brasil.
Jul 2003
5 years ago

Mutrons are the BEST auto-wahs/envelope filters.

But it all depends in what you are looking for in an envelope filter:

A Vintage Mutron III or a reissue Mutron III+ (HAS labs) are the best choice for versatility. They are great envelope filters, the vintage Mutron III is THE ultimate funk machine.
And I Think you could pick a reissue one for the price of an menatone mail bomb that guru is advertising. ;)

If you just want a basic auto-wah sound in a funk to reggae style than you can´t go wrong with the Mutron Micro V. Great and is pretty cheap for what they are.

For a lot less cash you can also try out a EH mini Q-Tron. Compact, sound good and they go cheap.

Thats my two cents, I hope it helps.

And good luck with your hunting.

Jun 2003
8 years ago

how are the digitech synth wahs envelope filters?? or if you guys can recommend one that isn't too too expensive but worth it???

Last Updated: 01-12-05

"Trucker-style clothing. It's a little fu@#ed up when folks in Hollywood dress like my neighbors in rural Georgia"

monkeyspunky's picture
London, UK
Dec 2002
3 years ago

no no no

the lovetone meatball is the greatest filter ever

Wampler Clean Buffer
EHX HOG (True Bypass Loop)
Line 6 FM4 Filter Modeller
Lovetone Meatball
MXR Distortion + (1977 - True Bypass Mod)
PROCO RAT 2 (Keeley)
Radial Tonebone Hot British
Lovetone Big Cheese
Zvex Mastotron
Zvex Super Duper 2 in 1
Hilton Volume Pedal (to Boss TU2)
True Bypass Strip
Boss CE2 (1978 MIJ)
MXR Carbon Copy
Boss DD3
EHX 2880
Line 6 DL4
Boss DD-20
Eventide Timefactor
Boss RV3

Alkio's picture
Jan 2003
10 years ago

Digitech Synth wah.

I'm not sure that this is the best auto-wah, but I have to say that it is easy to use and versatile. Besides auto-wah it has some envelope filter and synth sounds.

STÖRbÄ -even I don't know what it means..

InVerro_Dave's picture
Jun 2003
8 years ago

Lovetone Meatball has to be.