19 posts / 0 new
Last post
crimsoncitizen's picture
Dec 2005
7 years ago

What guitar pedal would/could I use to make this sound?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JH5dgD1TdM8

Or, rephrased:
What is he using to get those arpeggios!?!?

Thanks! :)

jonbye's picture
UK
Apr 2006
3 years ago

There's a few about. Eventide have an arpegiator and I think there is one on the Line 6 FM4. Midi systems might also do it. Other than that have a look at a step phaser and a pitch shifter.

My Rig

"...We should be wasting that space with another discussion about something truly useful, like tits or religion or something......." - Fiveways

comesapart's picture
Jan 2008
2 years ago

Roger Linn's Adrenalinn pedals have one too, although I haven't played with one extensively enough to know if that function will give you what you're looking for, just enough to hear it turn everything into John Mayer's "Bigger Than My Body" at which point I promptly turned it off.

Rig: Reverend Roundhouse RT.Joyo Ultimate Drive.Digitech Bad Monkey.NYC Big Muff PI.Digitech Hardwire DL8.Blackheart Handsome Devil

berarduur's picture
Losser, of all places........
Apr 2004
2 months ago
Originally Posted by jonbye

There's a few about. Eventide have an arpegiator and I think there is one on the Line 6 FM4. Midi systems might also do it. Other than that have a look at a step phaser and a pitch shifter.

The PitchFactor has one; I reviewed these pedals for the latest issue of bassplayer magazine (Dutch) and they rock!

The arp is genious....... I would love to own this pedal just for this option!

Tijd zat..., toch?

Quote:

"Berarduur, the self sufficient guitar maan"
"He's Barardurr; he just does"

Technophobia; Analog Audio Solutions; for all your custom builds and mods.
http://technophobia.co.nr/

firewalk13's picture
Cleveland, Ohio
Apr 2005
4 years ago

if I'm not mistaken the old digitech ips33b can do an arpeggio as well, but I've never heard it... Still want one of those oldies...

Proud Member of the Peavey Family
My cat's breath smells like cat food

Good Deals W/: farpavillions

hot_rats!'s picture
richmond, virginia
Oct 2002
2 years ago

most of boss GT series multieffects have it but they call it autoriff

tremulant's picture
PAPER CITY MA
Jun 2007
5 years ago
Originally Posted by comesapart

Roger Linn's Adrenalinn pedals have one too, although I haven't played with one extensively enough to know if that function will give you what you're looking for, just enough to hear it turn everything into John Mayer's "Bigger Than My Body" at which point I promptly turned it off.

+1, that is a really good arpeggiator, but it is a bitch to figure out when first using it.

RIG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackfuzz
View Post
SeaSick Steve . . . is that you ???
messy_bedroom's picture
Toronto On. Canada
Jun 2007
4 months ago

thats cool. I didn't know thats how that song was done. i thought it was keyboards and samplers

Messy Bedroom Luxe & Reduxe

Good exchange with Cham Clowder.

jonny-b-brown's picture
Nashville, TN
Feb 2008
3 years ago

I've had the Adrenalinn II, and it's awesome as an arpeggiator and it does everything the Boss SL-20 slicer does plus a load of great simulations. But the downside is that to use it effectively, you either have to be running a MIDI clock with a click, or you have to have it linked to an external controller. As a standalone unit, it's pretty lame. The one gig I used in on was a disaster of technical difficulties.

I'm just two people short of a threesome.

IamBurnout's picture
Reading, Pa.
Jun 2003
6 years ago
Originally Posted by firewalk13

if I'm not mistaken the old digitech ips33b can do an arpeggio as well, but I've never heard it... Still want one of those oldies...

Yes it can.

As a matter of fact, it can do two separate arpeggiators at once, in stereo.

I am the lurker man.

hot_rats!'s picture
richmond, virginia
Oct 2002
2 years ago

can digitech ips 33b really do arpegiator or is it a delayed pitch shifter with feedback(which cant really do major triads and such)?