4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Braunz0's picture
Decatur, IL
Jan 2005
1 year ago

I discussed this in the Geek Safehouse.

Discuss! I'm looking at doing a little bit of recording but with a lot of live use stuff... Mainstage being a part of Logic looks like it's going to be winning with the modeling and soft synths among other instruments. Correct me if I'm wrong, I've been known to be wrong. ;)

guitargeek_2's picture
guitargeek compound
Dec 1995
1 year ago

I've used both and find Live to be more stable. I haven't moved up to Live 8 but that is in the works...

www.guitargeek.com
the guitar rig database
official guitargeek merchandise
-----------------------------------
bands
alison's halo | geek'd rig
lochheed | geek'd rig
insta
-----------------------------------
jetpackmods xp pedal conversions -
xp-1000 mod - This modification enables any xp pedal to switch between all four xp modules. This means you will have the xp-100 whammy, xp-200 modulator, xp-300 space station and xp-400 reverberator all in ONE pedal! pre-modded xp1000s also available: pm me for pricing & availability

iaresee's picture
Here
Sep 2006
1 year ago

I've only used the older Abelton...back in the 5 or 6 days. A Lite copy came with my M-Audio keyboard. It was....cute. I can see how people who do looping and live work would like it. I thought it was totally unsuitable for traditional music production. But apparently it's changed quite a bit since.

I'm a Logic 8 Studio user now. And I'm seeing the Logic light. Only be in it for about 8 months now and it was a steep curve from my Cubase SX 3 system. But now that I've spent some serious time with it: I like it.

- IAN C. -
Rig: PRS | Schecter USA | Gibson | Axe-Fx II | empress effects
Beta tester: Fractal Audio | empress effects

Hides-His-Eyes's picture
Apr 2009
4 years ago

Especially by version 7, Live is really totally suitable for recording into. Basically I use live because i understand it and can work it and so i'm the most productive with it...

If you're gonna be using it on stage At All, get Ableton. you won't regret it.

myspace.com/notnowthishorizon
myspace.com/hideshiseyesmusic