19 posts / 0 new
Last post
FarewellFixGTR's picture
Chicago, IL, USA
Aug 2004
8 years ago

I did a search, but it didnt turn anything up. I bought a Dunlop 535Q yesterday and love it....except I miss the LED indicator that my Boss V-wah had. Is there a way to mod this pedal so that it has an LED in the heel and in the toe positions of the casing?

Thanks in advance!

ZIEL

Check us out at:

Ziel Music

My Current Live Rig...What do you think of my sh*ts?

Proud member of the DIEZEL Family.

FarewellFixGTR's picture
Chicago, IL, USA
Aug 2004
8 years ago

Anyone at all?

ZIEL

Check us out at:

Ziel Music

2GR84U's picture
May 2005
4 years ago

There is probably a way of doing this, but you'd probably need to drill holes into the wah shell.

Patrick

FarewellFixGTR's picture
Chicago, IL, USA
Aug 2004
8 years ago

I kinda figured, and thats fine. It's worth it to know if the thing is on during a show without haveing to run back to the cab

ZIEL

Check us out at:

Ziel Music

icouldcareless's picture
Dunedin, New Zealand
Nov 2005
10 years ago

Keeley

Robert Keeley has a page for Wah mods, he can add an LED for $20. There's also a lot of other great mods on the page, you could send it in to get several done at once.

FarewellFixGTR's picture
Chicago, IL, USA
Aug 2004
8 years ago

All i want is a quick mod to put in 2 LEDs. I'm perfectly happy with the wah as-is....I just need some sort of indication as to whether it is on or off.

ZIEL

Check us out at:

Ziel Music

icouldcareless's picture
Dunedin, New Zealand
Nov 2005
10 years ago

You could probably do it quite easily, but using one LED would be easier than two.

I would imagine you could change the footswitch to a DPDT, and wire an LED to it from there.
I'm sure someone will be able to elaborate furthur, I'm pretty new to the pedal modding scene.

Moo_2's picture
Texas
Oct 2005
2 years ago

no, a 535q is already a DPDT he needs to change it to a 3PDT for adding one LED
and Keeley won't do it for $20, it says specifically on there that there's a $70 minimum

Gentle Robot - Chapel Hill NC Rock Band

Seagull Artist Mosaic (acoustic)
Fender Strat Plus
Line 6 M9
Traynor YCV40WR

icouldcareless's picture
Dunedin, New Zealand
Nov 2005
10 years ago

Originally posted by Moo
no, a 535q is already a DPDT he needs to change it to a 3PDT for adding one LED
and Keeley won't do it for $20, it says specifically on there that there's a $70 minimum

Sorry, I'm not familiar with the 535Q, I have an original crybaby.

About Keeley, that's why I said 'There's also a lot of other great mods on the page, you could send it in to get several done at once.' The LED mod itself only costs $20.

icouldcareless's picture
Dunedin, New Zealand
Nov 2005
10 years ago

Now I could be wrong, so I wouldn't act on this without confirmation from someone else, but I would imagine you could wire it like this:

The first two columns are the ones already being used, the new ones from changing to a 3PDT are the right column.

(damn guitargeek and it's no [IMG] policy)

:p

amoebas_2's picture
southern cal
Jul 2005
9 years ago

instead of blowing around 10 bucks on a brand new 3pdt and changing the feel of your wah (switch height is different than a dpdt), you could keep the dpdt, do a bit of rewiring, and learn something in the process by implementing the millenium bypass at geofex.com.

R.G. is the acme of online instrumental-electronics. He knows all.

psst. pssst.

I do pedal mods... I'll also build you a pedal of your choice and give you a quote on it.

I've done business with kmcypress (twice, actually, and in the midst of the second job)