1 post / 0 new
DoctorofNoise's picture
May 2017
2 weeks ago

The august Victoria and Albert Museum in London is the not the first place that comes to mind as a source of information about a musician's rig, but currently they are holding a Pink Floyd retrospective entitled "Their Mortal Remains" (see: https://www.vam.ac.uk/exhibitions/pink-floyd?gclid=CPHvmLT7kdQCFaYW0wods...).

Not only is it an absolutely brilliant exhibition illustrating the impact Pink Floyd has made as a band, but it is also a gear heads dream with their equipment set ups - by album - being displayed. So there are lots of display cases exhibiting original (and very tasty) effects, such as the Binson Echorec and the Dallas Arbiter Fuzz Face, together with the guitars (and basses and keyboards) used with them.

Being very much influenced by the Floyd's  "Live At Pompei" I was delighted to see the components of David Gilmour's rig used for that film shoot (pedals, guitar, amp) displayed together. The only real downside is that the pedals are not connected, so pedal sequence will need to be worked out by trial and error... I have some photos which I could upload, if anyone's interested (and I figure out how to upload them).

The exhibition runs until Sunday, October 1 and - for those not able to get to London - it is apparently "going on tour" after that.

Cheers

DoctorOfNoise

p.s. The exhibition must have a fortune in original equipment in the display cases: not only because they are original vintage pedals, guitars, basses, keyboards, amps, etc., but also because they are also belonging to the band... Would I like the original Binson Echorec and Fuzz Face used by Gimour on Echoes at LAP? Hell yes. Could I afford it? Hell no.