46 posts / 0 new
Last post
Welladjusted's picture
Hamilton, Ontario
Sep 2002
9 months ago

all i know is that use fernandes les paul type guitars, boss pedals and mesa boogie amps

Guitar.Cable.Amp.

conno182's picture
Perth
Jan 2003
10 years ago

hey brother,

well when i saw these guys they had a mixed array of gear. it was here in perth western australia. they used

marshall cabs
mesa rectos
marshall jcm 800
fender, gibson guitars.

but i didnt see the pedals sorry dude. i know its vague but its what i saw. i hope this helps

peace dude....

------------------------------------------------
Soon to have....

Mesa Boogie Road King - Ordered and coming my Way (With matching 4x12)
Keeley Katana
BJF Blues Devil

and...my dream pedal....

Toneczar Echoczar!!! (one day.....mmmmm)

hoarski's picture
Queensland, Australia
Mar 2003
11 years ago

aren't they one of the guitarists from at the drive in? i got some posters and they have an orange head and a heap of racmounted pdeals

Flash1087's picture
Michigan
Mar 2003
6 years ago

Jim (might have the name wrong, but whichever one was in ATDI) has a Park amp head (http://www.rockometer.com), some kind of 4X12, and I think a Gibson semihollow body. He used to play a Gibson SG Jr. and an Orange head in ATDI. I don't know if he still uses the SG Jr., but I know he switched out the Orange head.

Ibanez Artcore AS78/Fender Cyclone (w/DiMarzio Norton bridge pickup)

ProCo RAT 2

Laney Pro Tube Lead 50 head w/ Peavey 5150 4x12

clifford's picture
Del Boca Vista
Mar 2003
4 years ago

I got some more information off the website (www.spartamusic.com).. d'addario strings and picks, boss, line 6, and EH pedals... big help, i know..

i get to see em open for pearl jam later this month in Lexington tho, i'll pay attention

-c}{
things I touch with my feet and fingers______ ( <--- link )

jonnyload3's picture
Bridgewater, VA
Jan 2003
7 years ago

Originally posted by hoarski
aren't they one of the guitarists from at the drive in? i got some posters and they have an orange head and a heap of racmounted pdeals

Just to answer this: Jim, Paul, and Tony of the late At the Drive-In went on to form Sparta with some other character named Matt. So, to answer your question, yes.

SoNiCAnGeR's picture
Sep 2002
8 years ago

Omar, the other Guitarist from at the Drive In, was the one with a whole mess of pedals, and he also used an orange head. Do a google search on "Hell Paso", then checkl out the ATDI FAQ, Jim's Sparta gear could be similar to that.

Flash1087's picture
Michigan
Mar 2003
6 years ago

Originally posted by SoNiCAnGeR
Omar, the other Guitarist from at the Drive In, was the one with a whole mess of pedals, and he also used an orange head. Do a google search on "Hell Paso", then checkl out the ATDI FAQ, Jim's Sparta gear could be similar to that.

Wait...they both had Orange heads? I thought one had a Dual Recto...

ProCo RAT 2

SoNiCAnGeR's picture
Sep 2002
8 years ago

Whoops...Omar def. used the Orange head (check out the ATDI performance from Conan Obrien from some file swapping service, absolutely hilarious...they freak out, and Conan looks scared to greet them). Jim must use the Recto, and it sounds like he still does. When i saw them open for Weezer last summer, the other guitarist Paul looked like he was using a silverface fender (most likely twin ) and a les paul. Both guitarists also seem to use Boss digital delays.....hope this helps.

Flash1087's picture
Michigan
Mar 2003
6 years ago

You sure about the Dual Recto? The little thing on them in Guitar World said he had a Park head. Maybe it's only for studio use, it would be pretty old by this point.

ProCo RAT 2

SoNiCAnGeR's picture
Sep 2002
8 years ago

You might be dead on about the Park in the studio. I cant really see taking one of those on the road. My friend has a small one that his band uses as their practice PA, and that thing is constantly on the fritz.