14 posts / 0 new
Last post
Stbok's picture
Feb 2003
11 years ago

i saw them about 2 years ago and i really like these guys, does anyone know what pedals they use??? I dont know if walter uses many but the other dude does thanks

one good thing about music, when it hits you feel no pain

Stbok's picture
Feb 2003
11 years ago

bump

ben_murphy_15's picture
houston tx
Oct 2002
8 years ago

ian love, from rival schools has a new band called cardia.

http://www.cardiamusic.com/

-ben

GUITAR:
*'66 gibson es-330
*'78 gibson SG (with dimarzio super distortions pickups)
*boss tuner
*mxr micro amp
*boss eq
*analogman modded boss tremolo
*'84 50 watt jcm 800 2204
*70's white marshall 4x12 (with 35watt and 25watt celestions)

BASS:
*'83 p-bass
*gallien krueger 800rb
*1970 ampeg SVT 8x10

Stbok's picture
Feb 2003
11 years ago

Originally posted by ben murphy
ian love, from rival schools has a new band called cardia.

http://www.cardiamusic.com/

-ben

awesome thanks,
i havent listened to Rivalschools for a long time and last night i listened to united by fate for the 1st time and i remember how great they are, thanks for the link

joseph_lenin's picture
Jun 2003
11 years ago

Ian uses a seek wah on "high acetate."

"it's not over 'til the tremulant sings"-the mars volta

Jedi_Jesus's picture
Jul 2003
8 years ago

Meh I liked Gorilla Biscuits much better

the_todd's picture
Lancaster, PA
Oct 2002
6 years ago

check out this interview with Ian Love. He gives a detailed explanation of his rig http://www.gibson.com/whatsnew/pressrelease/2001/nov8a.html

arablue's picture
lexington
Sep 2003
1 year ago

walter plays a gibson paul custom with the bridge pickup almost touching the strings and a seventies telecaster with a maple fretboard and duncan little '59 bridge pickup, through a seventies marshall jmp, no pedals. ian plays a gibson 335 through a varying amount of amps, usually gibson goldtone combos or vht with a bogner 2x12. his amps change frequently. his pedals are zvex seek wah and line 6 delay modelers among others

squier 51 with p90s->sunn concert lead
lookng for: micro pog, analog delay

the_todd's picture
Lancaster, PA
Oct 2002
6 years ago

Ian has never used a Gibson Goldtone. He's using a Vox AC-30 right now with Cardia.

from that link i posted above:

"In my live setup, my main guitar is a ’69 Gibson ES-335 with a Bigsby. I also have a ’64 Telecaster and a ’69 Guild jumbo acoustic that I bring out for when we play in-store acoustic sets. Onstage, I play through a ’72 Marshall 2x12 open-back combo. It’s a 50 watt amp and it sounds amazing. It’s the one that came out right after the Bluesbreaker combo.

For my effects, I have a custom pedalboard that was made by a guy in Atlanta. In it, I have an Ernie Ball volume pedal, VHT Valvulator, Colorsound fuzz/wah pedal, Boss Supershifter pedal, Z-Vex Fuzz Factory, Electro-Harmonix Memory Man, Line 6 Modulation Modeler and Line 6 Delay Modeler with an expression pedal to change the settings. I also have a Theramin that I use through a Boss delay pedal. It’s a really small, custom-built Theramin that was built in London. It’s about the size of a walkie talkie."

arablue's picture
lexington
Sep 2003
1 year ago

he DID play a goldtone combo. at cincinnatti in 2000 or 2001, whenever the album came out

squier 51 with p90s->sunn concert lead
lookng for: micro pog, analog delay

exit_assasin's picture
hands like birds in the trees
Aug 2003
3 years ago

The fact that Rival Schools Split up just makes me wonder what kind of guy Walter is, because didnt Quicksand break up because of 'tension between band mates' and dint he leave Gorilla Biscuits because of 'creative differences'................

Fender Jaguar/Various Stratocasters > EHX HOG > Danelectro PB&J > Zoom Ultra Fuzz > Danelectro Tuna Melt Tremolo> Digitech Digidelay > Yamaha Magic Stomp > Fender Deville 2/10