69 posts / 0 new
Last post
octopus's picture
Dec 2004
10 years ago

i saw mono (japan) last night. they were nothing less than completely amazing magnificent stupendous great. i snapped some pics of the pedalboards.

the guitarist with the strat played a fender hot rod deville 4x10 and the other guitarist had i think a jcm 800 and a fender twin.

guitarist 1

guitarist 2

rock

more rock

kid_B's picture
mesa, AZ
Oct 2003
8 years ago

i was also there, amazing show, its scary how huge there sound gets, SCARYYYY!!!!

guitar:
fender "fat" tele

Amps:
Vox AC30 w/ blue celestions
fender deville 4x10's
sears silvertone 1483
60's harmony h410a

Pedalboard:
boss ls-2
boss rc-20
line 6 DL4
ehx holy grail
ibanez de-7
dod vibrothang
ehx small stone
fulltone fulldrive 2
digitech whammy
boss tu-2

idealflaw's picture
Seattle
Nov 2002
4 years ago

hey! i saw them in Denton Texas, and they were really good! I was amazed because the audience, by and large, sat down for the entire show. I thought that was very interesting....

Mono is smart to put the girl front-center! She seemed to be a point of interest for the mostly male audience.

they were emensely loud.... i thought it was cute that one of teh guitarists had a jazzmaster.. and as a backup, behind him, was a jazzmaster of the exact same make, model and finish. that amused me a little.

duluxdog's picture
Manchester
Jul 2003
5 years ago

MONO are coming my way again soon. If I haven't already missed it. Last time was immense, I saw them in a tiny bar back room where they were literally right infront of me.

Oh yeah and that woman is the business q-:

We are building up quite a collection of MONO board shots around this site.. is it just me or has the Jazzmaster guy reduced his number of pedals?

AudienceofOne's picture
Canada
Mar 2005
4 years ago

i saw them here in Edmonton, Alberta Canada when they stopped by the Sidetrack... front and center baby~ that was the sh*t! haha~

fiveways's picture
Sep 2002
1 year ago

Originally posted by duluxdog
MONO are coming my way again soon. If I haven't already missed it. Last time was immense, I saw them in a tiny bar back room where they were literally right infront of me.

Oh yeah and that woman is the business q-:

We are building up quite a collection of MONO board shots around this site.. is it just me or has the Jazzmaster guy reduced his number of pedals?

only by 2.

and I am happy to say i was right and the grey one is a tremolo:)

No one has to be alright all of the time.

YourOwnDisaster's picture
Toronto
Nov 2004
6 years ago

I've never heard of this band before.

Saw them at Mary Jane's Fat Cat's here in Houston Tx. They blew my mind. I was a couple of inches away from one of the guitarists and his pedal board. The one with the Jazzmaster. I'd also like to add that these guys are increadibly serious when they do their music. I bought their new cd from their bassist right after the show. Commented on her sweet SG bass. What a great band.

duluxdog's picture
Manchester
Jul 2003
5 years ago

Originally posted by omeed
Saw them at Mary Jane's Fat Cat's here in Houston Tx. They blew my mind. I was a couple of inches away from one of the guitarists and his pedal board. The one with the Jazzmaster. I'd also like to add that these guys are increadibly serious when they do their music. I bought their new cd from their bassist right after the show. Commented on her sweet SG bass. What a great band.

Cool.. me and my friends could only find the strat-playing guitarist after the show and we couldn't talk with him for long since he looked slightly threatened (we did kind of cordon him off at the top of some back stairs leading out of the pub). I asked him how it was to work with Steve Albini and he said it was 'great' and that was about it.

Tecx's picture
Saint John N.B. Canada
Apr 2004
9 years ago

PLEASE tell me you got a shot of her board to!?!?..

PLEASE...

Alex

My Rig (soon to be updated)
My isolationist electro acoustic
My ambient dub

I am listning to:
This Heat - (their entire catalog)

Founding member of the Charly Bronsons

octopus's picture
Dec 2004
10 years ago

Originally posted by Tecx
PLEASE tell me you got a shot of her board to!?!?..

PLEASE...

Alex

she only had three pedals. boss tu-2, a sansamp, and a boss reverb - either an rv-3 or rv-5. they seem to be really really fond of those pedals.