2 posts / 0 new
Last post
lakiosbourne's picture
Oct 2003
5 years ago

I'm looking for some jucy quality info on the Kelly Jones tone on the newest Stereophonocs album..

I know he's a big fan of SG + Matchless combination and also has been known to use the Marshall Guv'nor and a Vox V847 wah. And on the song "dakota" he's using some kind of flange on the "in-between" riff.

So all suggestions would be great and don't point me on "lé sérache fÃ_ature" cuz I haven't seen anything on this matter around here. :D

would be great to get a good run on this cuz he's an ok player with good tone that many people don't have any interrest in. But I like his hippy kinda tone.
So post on geeks....

Lakiosbournes Official Rig Thread

My bands:

Shima @ Myspace

Originally posted by Zeppelanoid
I would leave some space for expansion, as pedalboards seem to grow on their own.

shred_90's picture
Wigan, United Kingdom
Dec 2002
5 years ago

As far as I know, he's still using Bad Cat and Matchless amps live, but he now uses a blue Fender Jaguar and Mustang instead of the SG and Les Pauls he used to play all the time (I'm sure he still uses them occasionally). As for pedals, he uses a Dunlop Crybaby wah, a Boss BD-2 Bluesdriver in combination with his amp's overdrive, a Boss BF-2 flanger (two; one before the BD-2 and one after it), a Boss PH-2 Phaser (new) and a Pete Cornish switching system for selecting different amps.