16 posts / 0 new
Last post
Lobbo1's picture
Lincolnshire, UK
Nov 2006
9 years ago

Hey,

Im looking to find details of the pedals Serge from Kasabian uses. I havent been able to find much information other than this picture ( http://hometown.aol.co.uk/Lobbo1/kasabian.jpg ) and people commenting that it's 2 Big Muffs.

If anyone has any can positively identify the pedals in the picture with as many details as possible that would be great.

The main aim of this is to achieve a Kasabian / T-Rex kind of sound. So if anyone has any reccommendations in that area please reply!

(It's been pretty hard searching for pedals relating to T-rex since all the results I get are about the t-rex pedals you can buy rather than the ones which create the T-Rex (band) sound.)

Many Thanks,

Rob

berarduur's picture
Losser, of all places........
Apr 2004
5 months ago

Most right looks like a Muff; maybe modded as there is a mark on the back

Next to it is an EHX Octave Multiplexer (notice the white letters on the bottom and the small switch between knob 1 and 2??)

Most left is a Boss pedal; I guess a tremolo...... but that is just a guess

Tijd zat..., toch?

Quote:

"Berarduur, the self sufficient guitar maan"
"He's Barardurr; he just does"

Technophobia; Analog Audio Solutions; for all your custom builds and mods.
http://technophobia.co.nr/

Alirocks's picture
Edinburgh
Feb 2006
4 years ago

I agree with berarduur. Although I think the mark on the back is a reminder that the power supply for the muff is tip positive. I might be wrong though :)

The Boss pedal on the left maybe also be a Blues Driver under the green light. Both similar under coloured light.

Happily traded with Leeroyfunk =)

Lobbo1's picture
Lincolnshire, UK
Nov 2006
9 years ago

Thanks guys.
Do you think with a bit of tweaking using an EHX Octave Multiplexer and Big Muff id be able to get the sound used at the start of the song Shoot The Runner by Kasabian?
I really wanna capture that sound.

berarduur's picture
Apr 2004
5 months ago

Originally posted by Lobbo1
Thanks guys.
Do you think with a bit of tweaking using an EHX Octave Multiplexer and Big Muff id be able to get the sound used at the start of the song Shoot The Runner by Kasabian?
I really wanna capture that sound.

I think it is the way!

Tijd zat..., toch?

Quote:

fiveways's picture
Sep 2002
1 year ago

marc bolan is prolly a better search then t-rex.

and he used a vox wah, a mxr blue box, a echoplex or a watkin copycat, a fuzzface, a treble boost, a ehx screaming bird, a mxr phase 90 or a maestro phaser, and a 2 switch fuzz pedal, which i used to think was a shaftsbury duo fuzz, but defidently isnt. could be a burns buzzaround. either way it is a univox clone and is rare beyond rare.

soundcity amps were also used.

No one has to be alright all of the time.

Lobbo1's picture
Lincolnshire, UK
Nov 2006
9 years ago

Awesome! Thank you all very much for your help. I better start that christmas list now :D

I looked for a few of those effects and you're right, they are very rare. Do you think the rather than buying a load of similar pedals the re-issued fender blender would be a good compromise?

berarduur's picture
Apr 2004
5 months ago

Hmmmm; wouldn't go for the Blender

Then look into a good fuzz a la Muff or a fOXX Tone Machine

Tijd zat..., toch?

Quote:

acoustic_frippy's picture
Map Ref 41N 93W
Sep 2005
7 years ago

Originally posted by berarduur
Hmmmm; wouldn't go for the Blender

Then look into a good fuzz a la Muff or a fOXX Tone Machine

A Dano French Toast would work. A bit flimsy but not expensive at all.

Double Helix

Quote:

Originally posted by teleman
*waiting for frippy to find this thread*

xtremehardy388's picture
Kalamazoo, Mich
Nov 2006
7 years ago

Fender Blender is really out there. I have one and it's so unpredictable and raunchy. DS-1 Might get you what you're looking for. My friend used that and the OC-2 (both by BOSS) and got some Kasabian sounds. I don't know exactly which ones but I hope this helps a little. The Danelctro Pastrami Overdrive has the same sounds as the DS-1 if you dont want to spend that much money.

“Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.�-Jeff Hardy

Lobbo1's picture
Lincolnshire, UK
Nov 2006
9 years ago

All your help has been appreciated greatly!
I did however come accross a more recent clip which shows the effects Serge from Kasabian is using.
Seeing as you guys are alot more familiar with the pedals etc than me you might have some strong ideas on what these pedals are? I take it that's the big muff again that I labelled?

Click Here for Image

and please please please reply! Even if its only a guess at naming one of the pedals!