41 posts / 0 new
Last post
Sonic_2's picture
Jan 2005
2 years ago

In this months issue of Guitar World, JP confirms he'll be using his #1 Les Paul, plus a new Gibson Custom Shop Les Paul (3 p/u w/ Bigsby).

He also confirmed he'd use the Cornish pedalboard which contains:
Roger Mayer Voodoo Fuzz (later replaced w/ Fender ToneMaster lead switch)
MXR Phase 90
Yamaha CH-10Mk II Chorus
Send / Return to Spare FX #2
Boss CE-2 Chorus
Cry-Baby Wah
Digitech WH-1 Whammy
Send / Return to Echoplex EP3

But he said he was as yet undecided on amps. So, has the Tonemaster lead switch been replaced again w/ the Mayer fuzz, or another gain box? Which amps would you like to see/hear JP using? Personally I like to hear him through a cranked AC30, as on Walking Into Clarksdale

Soldano16's picture
Oct 2007
8 years ago

I'd love to hear him using my 68 50 watter.

nyrkickazz1's picture
New York City
Oct 2003
1 year ago

He was using Orange for a while, wasn't he? That'd be cool.

Quote:

"Rickenbackers make you think in melodies rather than blues scales." - Roger McGuinn

My stuff.
Rickenbacker 4003/4001 conversion project.

Sonic_2's picture
Jan 2005
2 years ago

I think he only used the Orange for his Theremin, back in the day.

spongemonkey's picture
The bottom of the deep deep blue
Oct 2003
6 years ago

I'd like to see him do the whole gig on ukele, except fo Stairway on which I'd like to see him use a special double necked ukele.

I like StylinStan

MiM Standard Telecaster with Fralin Blues Specials
Partscaster Tele:
Hondo H-935-RS

BYOC 250+ > BYOC Triangle Muff > BYOC Scipt 90 > Digidelay > BYOC Tremolo

Laney LC15R

Listen to the Freak Zone

the_todd's picture
Lancaster, PA
Oct 2002
6 years ago

Originally posted by Sonic
In this months issue of Guitar World, JP confirms he'll be using his #1 Les Paul, plus a new Gibson Custom Shop Les Paul (3 p/u w/ Bigsby).

He also confirmed he'd use the Cornish pedalboard which contains:
Roger Mayer Voodoo Fuzz (later replaced w/ Fender ToneMaster lead switch)
MXR Phase 90
Yamaha CH-10Mk II Chorus
Send / Return to Spare FX #2
Boss CE-2 Chorus
Cry-Baby Wah
Digitech WH-1 Whammy
Send / Return to Echoplex EP3

But he said he was as yet undecided on amps. So, has the Tonemaster lead switch been replaced again w/ the Mayer fuzz, or another gain box? Which amps would you like to see/hear JP using? Personally I like to hear him through a cranked AC30, as on Walking Into Clarksdale

the main amp on that album was the Fender ToneMaster.

jonbye's picture
UK
Apr 2006
3 years ago

Originally posted by spongemonkey
I'd like to see him do the whole gig on ukele, except fo Stairway on which I'd like to see him use a special double necked ukele.

Comedian Bill Bailey used a midi pickup to do a joke banjo rendition of stairway - very redneck but funny.
I can't believe how (relatively) simple pageys set up is. I thought he'd have loads of gubbins. I know how Led Zep sound but Im still suprised he uses a digitech whammy - it's like coming home to find your grandpa using an iphone. Very cool though.
All the best to anyone going to the gig.

My Rig

"...We should be wasting that space with another discussion about something truly useful, like tits or religion or something......." - Fiveways

lucky13MK2's picture
Wellington New Zealand
Dec 2006
7 years ago

Cranked Marshall 1959 heads :D

The front row might get killed.

Rig: http://guitargeek.com/chat/showthread.php?s=&threadid=100910

Zeppelanoid's picture
Montreal, Canada
Feb 2006
4 years ago

Originally posted by lucky13MK2
Cranked Marshall 1959 heads :D

The front row might get killed.

That's how it used to be.

And we liked it.

messy_bedroom's picture
Toronto On. Canada
Jun 2007
2 years ago

ya marshall stacks, deafening tones never sounded so good

Messy Bedroom Luxe & Reduxe

Good exchange with Cham Clowder.

Sonic_2's picture
Jan 2005
2 years ago

Well I really like the ukulele idea! But I hope he isn't the same rig he used for the Black Crowes tour, his tone sounded awful