40 posts / 0 new
Last post
peaveyplayer's picture
Eugene
Feb 2003
10 years ago

You guys here at Guitar Geeks had SRV rig how about it?

http://www.custom-sounds.com/srv.htm

http://www.texasflood.com/

I'd like to know all the different 32 amps he use on IN Step album myself

Peaveyplayer

guitarsavvy16's picture
Feb 2003
12 years ago

DUDE I TOTALLY AGREE

of all the people they dont have rigs for they leave out SRV :mad: I also am very interested in finding out how he created his tone

peaveyplayer's picture
Eugene
Feb 2003
10 years ago

Originally posted by guitarsavvy16
DUDE I TOTALLY AGREE

of all the people they dont have rigs for they leave out SRV :mad: I also am very interested in finding out how he created his tone

amen

Depends on what tone you are after?

Peaveyplayer

wihaga83's picture
SURABAYA INDONESIA
Dec 2002
8 years ago

Dude, his tone is awesome, really inspired many guitarist....

here my rigs : check this out !!

http://community.webshots.com/user/wihaga83

guitarsavvy16's picture
Feb 2003
12 years ago

i totally am going for the tone he had at his appearance on austin city limits in 1983. I know he used his dumble and some fenders but inot sure which ones they are

peaveyplayer's picture
Eugene
Feb 2003
10 years ago

Originally posted by guitarsavvy16
i totally am going for the tone he had at his appearance on austin city limits in 1983. I know he used his dumble and some fenders but inot sure which ones they are

Fenders were Vibroverbs 1x15
Marshall Town and Country 2x12 JBLS
Dumbles the ones they call mother Dumbles Dumbland land head which he used one number plug stright into that Dumble for Texas Floods

Peaveyplayer

Mobisimo's picture
Nov 2002
6 years ago

they had an SRV rig at one point. it didnt come back after the big update they did at the end of last summer. i as well would like to see his rig up again.

peace

For Sale:

Teese RMC Picture Wah - PM for details

bLuZ_RoCkz's picture
Maui, Hawaii
Jan 2003
12 years ago

the 1983 Austin City Limits was at around the same time as when the El Mocambo video was filmed. so i'd imagine his rig was the same....

2 1x15 vibroverbs
1 super reverb

his famed 62 strat

vox wah
ts-808

and a **** load of volume!!! that's the key right there

you are talkin to an SRV freak here!

~~Soul 2 Soul~~

peaveyplayer's picture
Eugene
Feb 2003
10 years ago

Originally posted by bLuZ_RoCkz
the 1983 Austin City Limits was at around the same time as when the El Mocambo video was filmed. so i'd imagine his rig was the same....

2 1x15 vibroverbs
1 super reverb

his famed 62 strat

vox wah
ts-808

and a **** load of volume!!! that's the key right there

you are talkin to an SRV freak here!

I thought he had 2 super reverbs and Lenny and main

Peaveyplayer

stratocaster83's picture
europe
Dec 2002
10 years ago

actually I have to disagree.

I like his tone, but it was a bit of too much for me. although I -of course- never met him, I can feel his passion while playing. I read an interview of tommy shannon, and he recalls that stevie had the gift of "being out" during performances: he didn't care about anything but playing. that's pure feeling, and only little other guitar players can achive this status, and most of them only for certain songs and for a limited amount of time.

well, that's the most important lesson I learned from SRV: passion. that's what music's all about.

I'm trying to fight my own entropy

(gear photos) (gear thread)

fra

bLuZ_RoCkz's picture
Maui, Hawaii
Jan 2003
12 years ago

he didint have 2 supers in 1983, he might have owned 2 supers but he didint use them both at that time. if you watch the El Mocambo video, he has 2 vibroverbs one on either side of his super. both the el mocambo and the austin city limits were both filmed in 1983 so i suppose he had the same rig. although he was changing gear quite often (even up until his death) so it might have varied a little. but i know for sure he wasint using the dumble or the marshalls yet.

bottom line is, even if you had the same gear down to the very same patch cords or picks or whatever, you'd still never sound like Stevie. Even the closest "clones" like Kenny Wayne and others (besides chris duarte because he's the closest thing to Stevie tone wise that anyone is ever going to get to hear! believe me!) come close, but they still dont have that special something Stevie did.

it's harder to come up with your own style and sound than it is to copy someone else. simple as that.

~~Soul 2 Soul~~