10 posts / 0 new
Last post
clifford's picture
Del Boca Vista
Mar 2003
5 years ago

Anyone have any info on their (the band Grizzly Bear's) gear in the studio for "Yellow House"? Or after it was all stolen..

I cant find pictures or info anywhere.

I gave into the blog hype, and they actually got this one right. It took me a while to get into it.. it's so slow, but still really catchy (I guess you'd have to say "haunting"). Not overly poppy, either, which really butters my bread.

I'm especially interested in the sexy overdrive + reverb at around the 4 minute mark on the song "Colorado."

If anyone wants to take a listen, I can upload it somewhere for you.

-c}{
things I touch with my feet and fingers______ ( <--- link )

triggercut's picture
Jan 2003
7 years ago

There were some pictures floating around on Pitchfork of Grizzly Bear on tour, and from what I remember the singer/guitarist had the following pedals:
Boss TU-2, Boss Digital Delay (don't know which one), EH Memory Man, EH Tube Zipper
It also looked like they were using Fender amps.
You can probably still find the picture on the website, if you look hard enough.
As far as the multi-instrumentalist guy's gear, there's a photo of the band in the studio (on their website, maybe?), and he's got a pretty ridiculous pedalboard.
Hope that helps.

My electric guitar rig:
Jay Turser JT-137-->Boss TU-2-->Big Muff Pi-->MXR Dist+-->Blues Driver-->Fender Champion 600

Acoustic Rig:
Martin 000X1 (equipped with L.R. Baggs M1 soundhole pickup)-->Radial Passive D.I.-->PA
(also Art & Lutherie Ami parlor guitar)

For sale: Addrock Electric Smile (PM if interested)

flannagan's picture
May 2005
8 years ago

Singer plays a black 72" RI Deluxe Tele. He was using some pedal to loop his voice.

The other guitarist played a Silvertone guitar with a Fender amp and cranked spring reverb.

kokoweef's picture
Southern California
Dec 2003
4 years ago

All sizes | blogDSC03982 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

All sizes | blogDSC03985 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

All sizes | DSC03554 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

some gearshots... lots and lots of pedals. looks like they use fender hot rod deluxes. i'm hoping someone can identify all of this stuff.

anywho, i saw them on tv on carson daly playing "knife", and man that is one brilliant song. check it out!

rip it up and start again.

4our5ive6ix's picture
uk
Oct 2005
1 year ago

http://www.fastersound.co.uk

shawn_d's picture
Oct 2005
5 years ago

Doesn't answer your question, but here is a pic of Edward's pedal board as of July, 2009

Attachments: 
Doctor_J's picture
Oct 2003
4 years ago

Akai Headrush E-2 for the drummer. Nice.

Stuff I use:
Standard Strat with Lace Hot Golds; Standard Ash Tele; Fulltone OCD, Line6 M9
My Music

grandfather's picture
Sep 2009
6 years ago

been trying to figure out how ed gets his vocal reverb live.

the direct boxes may give us some clues: they are labeled "Keys", "____" on the duplex. the single direct box is labeled "v2" possibly standing for "vocal 2" as daniel rossen may be "vocal 1". it looks as if the Boss Digital Reverb and Deigital Delay are in the vocal chain...also considering the boss digital delay does not have a 1/4inch going into it, it might be where the mic is hooked up.

does it seem that the vocal chain is Mic > 1/4 inch converter > Boss Delay > Boss Reverb > Direct Box?

MinusTheBodom's picture
Western MA
Jan 2009
6 years ago
Originally Posted by grandfather

been trying to figure out how ed gets his vocal reverb live.

the direct boxes may give us some clues: they are labeled "Keys", "____" on the duplex. the single direct box is labeled "v2" possibly standing for "vocal 2" as daniel rossen may be "vocal 1". it looks as if the Boss Digital Reverb and Deigital Delay are in the vocal chain...also considering the boss digital delay does not have a 1/4inch going into it, it might be where the mic is hooked up.

does it seem that the vocal chain is Mic > 1/4 inch converter > Boss Delay > Boss Reverb > Direct Box?

I think you're right

AcquiredTaste's picture
Virginia, USA
Jul 2006
3 months ago