29 posts / 0 new
Last post
2noevilstar's picture

What is their setup like. Those guitar riffs are insanely heavy.

"I Need A Sexy Cocaine Mama to Beat Me Up"

david's picture
ireland
Jan 2003
7 years ago

a shitty beat up epiphone sg with what look like dimarzio humbuckers, a crybaby, delay (looked like an old ibanez), ds-1 distortion into an old jmp marshall and two 4x12s.

loud as possible!!! what an awesome band!!!!

david

gibson sg (battered and modded)

boss tu2
DAM custom meathead fuzz
orange otr120, Sound City L120
orange 4x12, custom 2x12 cab

currently listening to: electric wizard, torche, OM...

currently GAS-ing over: laney klipp, flying v's

2noevilstar's picture

Originally posted by david
a shitty beat up epiphone sg with what look like dimarzio humbuckers, a crybaby, delay (looked like an old ibanez), ds-1 distortion into an old jmp marshall and two 4x12s.

loud as possible!!! what an awesome band!!!!

I knew there had to be an SG in there. They're just an SG kind of band.
:D

vixo's picture
italy
Mar 2003
6 years ago

Finally someone talks about great Electric Wizard on internet!
I have searched for their pics, gear, ...
From the pics available on internet seem Jus have not a marshall head (it's unknow head, look like ampeg head), and ds-1 (look the pic with Jus effects on the floor).
Check the pics on stonerrock site.
I would like the see them in concert, but here in Italy i don't know when... i hope in the future.
bye

muiz's picture
netherlands
Jun 2003
11 years ago

are you sure about the marshalls? i read an interview in which he said that he hates marshalls because they're so generic. he said he's into old 70s amps: sunn and orange

they just brought out a new album, amazing shit. the artwork inside of the cd is pretty cool too. i hope they're having plans for a big tour, i wanna see them live :)

weak doom fuck off!

[edit] by the way, that SG is an epiphone, he said that he likes cheap guitars. if they get damaged you just buy a new one. he also doesn't bother changing strings untill they break hehe that's the spirit. oh and in a bootleg i also heard jus using an octaver very clearing

epiphone les paul custom + randall rg75 + a few pedals

fiveways's picture
Sep 2002
1 year ago

Originally posted by muiz
are you sure about the marshalls? i read an interview in which he said that he hates marshalls because they're so generic. he said he's into old 70s amps: sunn and orange

they just brought out a new album, amazing shit. the artwork inside of the cd is pretty cool too. i hope they're having plans for a big tour, i wanna see them live :)

weak doom fuck off!

[edit] by the way, that SG is an epiphone, he said that he likes cheap guitars. if they get damaged you just buy a new one. he also doesn't bother changing strings untill they break hehe that's the spirit. oh and in a bootleg i also heard jus using an octaver very clearing

Dude, nothing to do with the post....The Wizard of Darkness/Misa the Dark angel reference rules.

No one has to be alright all of the time.

muiz's picture
netherlands
Jun 2003
11 years ago

Originally posted by fiveways
Dude, nothing to do with the post....The Wizard of Darkness/Misa the Dark angel reference rules.

heh i haven't seen the movies, but 'eko eko azarak' is also an awesome electric wizard song :)
i assume the movies kick ass?

2noevilstar's picture

weak doom fuck off!

Do you have a link to the article? Or did you read it in a magazine?

fiveways's picture
Sep 2002
1 year ago

heh i haven't seen the movies, but 'eko eko azarak' is also an awesome electric wizard song :)
i assume the movies kick ass?

Kinda like buffy with japanese Lesbians and buckets of fake blood. Lots of chtulu/lovecraft ****. good stuff.

No one has to be alright all of the time.

muiz's picture
netherlands
Jun 2003
11 years ago

the article was on their website... which is now down :D

and i gotta see those movies, lesbians + much blood + lovecraft vibes, sounds excellent

david's picture
ireland
Jan 2003
7 years ago

i've seen them live and jus was definately using a marshall, although it looked very new so maybe it was rented for tour or something. the new album is amazing - apparently the vinyl has a bonus instrumental which is great.

david

gibson sg (battered and modded)

boss tu2
DAM custom meathead fuzz
orange otr120, Sound City L120
orange 4x12, custom 2x12 cab

currently listening to: electric wizard, torche, OM...

currently GAS-ing over: laney klipp, flying v's