6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Lexicon's picture
Jul 2003
7 years ago

I really love the thickness of the bass in this band and in the Melvins.

Anyone happen to know what he uses? I saw an intereview where he said he used three different amps for high, low, and mids (I think).

And I think he might use a Bluebeard, but I cannot find any shots of his pedal board, even in the corner of the picture.

Pretty sure he uses Fenders, a Jazz most often.

So....?

Braunz0's picture
Decatur, IL
Jan 2005
1 year ago

When I saw Big Business open for Tool... I could have swore he was using three 2x12 combos that looked like cheap Crate guitar amplifiers... and for most of the night he played a black Peavey Milestone bass, methinks.

dase's picture
melbourne, australia
Aug 2005
4 years ago

I'd heard that about the Crate amps.

Back in the Karp days he was using a Jazz bass, Sunn Beta to one 4x10 and a Coliseum powering a second 4x10.

linusk's picture
Nov 2007
6 years ago

both times i saw big business/melvins his basses were squires

thezealots's picture
Baltimore, MD/Philadelphia, PA
Dec 2007
6 years ago

Originally posted by dase
I'd heard that about the Crate amps.

Back in the Karp days he was using a Jazz bass, Sunn Beta to one 4x10 and a Coliseum powering a second 4x10.

mmmm, sunn 0)))).

Quote:

Originally posted by DAVIDCOUPE
Beau won't rob your ass!

band | rig | sale | crew

spam: MAXON OD-808: $80 MODDED RAT2- lm308, ruetz mod, diode clipping- TRADE FOR VINTAGE/VINTAGE RI RAT

wtb: really anything, but: weird old stuff, modulation, fuzz, uni-vibes, anything by diamond, boss pedals ending in -3. PLEASE SEND ME PMS ABOUT WEIRD PEDALS!

asthmaattack's picture
Dec 2008
6 years ago

well i know he uses a sunn beta bass amp head with a squire bass. iv also seen a b:assmaster bass pedal used.