5 posts / 0 new
Last post
RockAbillyRulez's picture
Jan 2004
11 years ago

my C30 has an efx loop. is this for pedals or what?? what do you run through an efx loop??

G&L Telecaster copy.(59,JB)
Epiphone Les Paul Speciall II
Squire Affinity Strat

Boss BD-2 Blues Driver
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone

Peavey Classic 30
Peavey Backstage 35
Drive 30 watt SS (P.O.S.)

Geeked Rig

doingtheunstuck's picture
Vancouver, B.C.
Sep 2003
2 months ago

it's so you can put effects after the preamp gain.

if you need more info, do some searching. i know i have personally answered this question and gone mildly in depth on many occasions... but if after that, you don't have an answer to a specific question, shoot.

British Celebrity (updated: 08/11/06)
The Nicola Closet (updated: 10/02/06)
My gear (updated: 08/11/06)

Good read

i_finlayson37's picture
Mar 2003
9 years ago

Originally posted by RockAbillyRulez
my C30 has an efx loop. is this for pedals or what?? what do you run through an efx loop??

The effects loop is a feature which allows you to run pedals and racks between the Preamp and the Poweramp. This means that you can use effects on your amps distortion.

MXR Phase 45 -> Digitech Hot Rod -> Digitech Whammy4 -> Lovetone Doppelganger -> AKAI Headrush -> EHX Holy Grail -> Marshall MG 30DFX

Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster
Squier Jazz Bass
Westfield SR383 Acoustic
Ibanez 12-String Jumbo

And here it is Geeked for those with short attention spans:

scxtt's picture
the big OH
Aug 2003
10 years ago

yeah, as stated above - it's so you can have phase-d, flange-d, and or chorus-ed distortion instead of distorted effects ... some distortion boxes "work" in the loop and some don't ... trial and error mostly ...

gear for sale - PM if interested ...
scott's gear ~ hard rock --> metal

my best memories were forged in basements and garages ...

cin's picture
Nov 2002
6 years ago

I've found them most useful for running rack units in, as the line level in, line level out is suited to racks.

Pedals are made for less signal going through them, so it can freak some of them out.

Thankfully on well designed effects loops there are send and return levels.