5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Wolfenstein's picture
Winnipeg, Manitoba
May 2006
2 years ago

i was wondering how well one of these would work for guitar as my main amp. id be using pedals for my distortion and fuzz. ive heard of people using bass amps for guitar before, but they were usually old amps, as opposed to new.

i want to add that id also be using it for bass too, so please dont say ''get a guitar amp''.

if anyone has tried this, could you help me out. thanks

Welladjusted's picture
Hamilton, Ontario
Sep 2002
1 year ago

It'll be very loud and very clean. I say go for it.

Guitar.Cable.Amp.

omgitsnoah's picture
Sep 2005
8 years ago

It will probably sound like you're playing guitar through a bass amp. Some people like that. It is almost definitely NOT going to be like playing through a YBA-1, which are the old "Plexi-killer" Traynor bass amps that people love.

Wolfenstein's picture
Winnipeg, Manitoba
May 2006
2 years ago

thanks for the replies. i think im gonna see if i can try it. i have a feeling that the sales people wont let play a guitar through a bass amp, even if its not bad for it.

and what do you mean by ''playing a guitar through a bass amp'' whats the difference in sound.

Thanks

omgitsnoah's picture
Sep 2005
8 years ago

The bass amps I've played my guitar through generally make my guitar sound "boxier". They emphasize the lows and lower mids - I liked the one bass amp I ever used with any regularity for guitar because it gave my guitar a nice, deep, vocal quality.

A lot of them are just really loud and clean though.