103 posts / 0 new
Last post
Jetter's picture
Greater Toronto Area
Oct 2003
11 years ago

I was curious what the difference between a Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier and a Triple Rectifier, please no flaming, I'm just a curious guy new to amp heads.

obsolete's picture
TX
Dec 2003
6 years ago

Yeah, I always wondered that too.

drl_06's picture
Near Chi-Town
Sep 2003
9 years ago

Originally posted by Jetter
I was curious what the difference between a Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier and a Triple Rectifier, please no flaming, I'm just a curious guy new to amp heads.

(This isn't flaming) You could check out their website, www.mesaboogie.com for the specific details.

Basically, the Dual is 100W and the Triple is 150W. (The Single Rectifier is 50W, see the pattern? Pretty slick:D).

Not to mention the Triple is a lot more expensive than the Dual.

I'm sure there are other differences.

Quote:

Originally posted by guidedbyechos
Hey you in tha truck, do you wants some fries with that. I'm fred usta be hot ****, bounce around in the mosh pit, now I work at mcdonalds I ain't got ****. If only I could fly, I wouldn't have to serve apple pie, makes wanna cry.

My gear (updated 10-3-04)
Pic of my gear (updated 10-18-04)
Tubefreak.com; knowledge is power

drl_06's picture
Near Chi-Town
Sep 2003
9 years ago

Originally posted by Jetter

Oh yeah, I forgot: The Triple has one more 6L6 tube and one more 5U4 tube than the Dual.

Quote:

Hey you in tha truck, do you wants some fries with that. I'm fred usta be hot ****, bounce around in the mosh pit, now I work at mcdonalds I ain't got ****. If only I could fly, I wouldn't have to serve apple pie, makes wanna cry.

NoteBOOM's picture
Wausau, Wisconsin
Nov 2002
4 years ago

Besides what he just said... the Dual is much, much better, and the Triple is a complete waste of money. 150 watts is way too much for anyone who isn't playing stadiums.

Fender Telecaster Thinline Reissue,
Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ Seymour Duncan JB in bridge &
80's Ibanez Blazer w/ EMG single coils--->Boss TU-2--->Dunlop GCB-95
-->Boss BF-2--->EHX Small Stone--->Line6 DL-4--->Fender Hotrod Deluxe-->Marshall 412

Currently Listening to: Neurosis, Pelican, Jesus Lizard, Every Time I Die

drl_06's picture
Near Chi-Town
Sep 2003
9 years ago

Originally posted by NoteBOOM
Besides what he just said... the Dual is much, much better, and the Triple is a complete waste of money. 150 watts is way too much for anyone who isn't playing stadiums.

But then it wouldn't be a waste if you're playing stadiums.

Quote:

Hence, it's only a waste of money based on your position in life.

nocluejimbo's picture
Kansas City
Aug 2003
6 years ago

Originally posted by drl_06
Oh yeah, I forgot: The Triple has one more 6L6 tube and one more 5U4 tube than the Dual.

one more pair of 6L6's. not just one more.

Sea Men + Sea People = Sea-Ciety!

drl_06's picture
Near Chi-Town
Sep 2003
9 years ago

Originally posted by Skuzze
Hence, it's only a waste of money based on your position in life.

WTF? No closing third-person remark?

Quote:

drl_06's picture
Near Chi-Town
Sep 2003
9 years ago

Originally posted by nocluejimbo
one more pair of 6L6's. not just one more.

Really? Huh, well you learn something new everyday.

Quote:

msi-brat's picture
May 2003
7 years ago

i prefer the dual over all, it just has more headroom than the single and as far as volume goes... the triple really isnt much louder. and fyi the triple isnt very much more expensive at all. at guitarcenter out here it goes like this.... single recto:1,400, dual:1,500, and tripl:1,600.
you could still play a stadium with a single recto, any amp is loud enough when its miked, which is what they will do in huge venues and stuff anyways.

friends don't let friends play krank

Q: How many Bush Administration officials does it take to change a light bulb?

A: None. There is nothing wrong with the light bulb; it's conditions are improving every day. Any reports of its lack of incandescence are delusional spin from the liberal media. That light bulb has served honorably, and anything you say undermines the lighting effect. Why do you hate freedom? Why don't you support our troops?

Quote:

Originally posted by Greyskull
Hey, you there with the small amp and no volume - go mic yourself. *****. Ha ha ha ha ha ha