17 posts / 0 new
Last post
mcarse81's picture
Sep 2003
10 years ago

I have a crate G120CXL With 2 crate GS412 cabinets that I need to sell. I recently bought a Triple recto and I'd like to trade the whole Crate stack off for a decent Marshall 1960. How much do you think I can get out of the Crate??? I live in Alaska so keep in mind that there isnt as much equipment floating around up here.

Thanks
Matt

yeah you could probably swap a full crate stack in for a marshall quad, but only if it's in good nic.

1956StratPlayer's picture
OFallon, IL
Mar 2004
12 years ago

Looking on EBay Crate stuff isn't selling very well. You might consider trading a dealer for a cab if you haven't done that already. Otherwise you have to take what the market will bear.

Good luck!

BB

rg7420user's picture
Austin, TX
Dec 2002
4 years ago

On americanmusical.com, they are selling a GT1200 HD and stack for $700.

Guitar: Custom Agile Interceptor Pro 27

Rig: Line 6 POD X3 Pro/Rocktron Velocity 300/don't have a cab just yet.

*Noodles*'s picture
Oct 2003
11 years ago

If it's in really good condition, you'd get maybe 75% of the price....
Put a local ad up in a shop or something like that.... try and find someone to trade with or sell it to.

Monkey See, Money Do Not - Bad Monkey!

Only being able to trade a full Crate stack for a Marshall 4x12 really says something about the resale value of Crate equipment. Which is a shame because despite the fact I've never tried a Crate I liked, they can't all be that bad.

mattocaster's picture
doncaster, england
Aug 2003
12 years ago

can't you just use one of the cabs from the crate combo?

deafbox-'s picture
New York
Dec 2003
8 years ago

Crate's tube stuff is made in the same factory as Ampeg's stuff.

mcarse81's picture
Sep 2003
10 years ago

Currently I'm using both the crate cabs. They're only 80 watts RMS a peice and with the 150 watt recto I'd like to have something that can handle more power. Also they arent exactly the best sounding. Everything is in perfect condition except for I dont have the Crate logo on either of the cabs anymore.

Thanks for the input
Matt

Loser's picture
Texas
Oct 2003
10 years ago

Originally posted by deafbox-
Crate's tube stuff is made in the same factory as Ampeg's stuff.

you've mentioned this before but the only thing you've proved is that they're owned by the same company. personally I won't believe they're made in the same factory until you provide some proof.

even if it is made in the same factory, that does NOT make it the same. I don't really see what you're trying to prove by bringing it back up again. the factory the amp is made in doesn't, and shouldn't, made a difference in whether a guitarist likes it or not.

deafbox-'s picture
New York
Dec 2003
8 years ago

Doubt I've ever said this before because I just found this out yesterday. I've only highly promoted the V-Series. And to say that guitarists don't like them is pretty much a generalization. Most people just won't get over themselves and try a Crate because of the name.