8 posts / 0 new
Last post
DAVIDCOUPE's picture
Canada
May 2006
2 months ago

Anyone have experience with this amp? I'm getting one tomorrow for $395CAD+my Bad Monkey. What do you guys think? Good idea? I haven't actually played it but it seems like everything I want:) .

Fuzzhead's picture
St. Louis, MO.
Jul 2006
3 years ago

Great amp. Great cleans, and at 15 watts, you can afford to crank it. Good Verb and Trem, too. On the top of my amp GAS list.

USA G&L ASAT -> Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Bandcamp page: "Foundation" EP available now!
Ye olde Myspace

"Punk is whatever we make it to be." - D. Boon

Jackfuzz's picture
PE, South Africa
Mar 2006
2 years ago

Originally posted by DAVIDCOUPE
Anyone have experience with this amp? I'm getting one tomorrow for $395CAD+my Bad Monkey. What do you guys think? Good idea? I haven't actually played it but it seems like everything I want:) .

After the Orange Tiny Terror, that is the 15watter that i have the most GAS for !!!

Happy new amp day mate !!! ;)

* Technophobia RAT review. * MATAMP * Jon Spencer Blues Explosion * The Cramps * Soledad Brothers * My MySpace *

* Gibson SG w. A2P's -->pedal board -->Bassman AB165 *

* Good deals w : Berarduur

DAVIDCOUPE's picture
Canada
May 2006
2 months ago

Originally posted by Jackfuzz
Happy new amp day mate !!! ;)

Thanks, man, it's pretty sick. It was a bitch to take home on two buses though. Is it normal for the metal control plate to be hot when in use?

Wylde_Overdrive's picture
St. Louis, MO
Sep 2005
6 years ago

Thanks, man, it's pretty sick. It was a bitch to take home on two buses though. Is it normal for the metal control plate to be hot when in use?

the front of my VJ gets hot when I use it. I wouldn't worry about it. But then again, my VJ has had a LOT of problems.

DAVIDCOUPE's picture
Canada
May 2006
2 months ago

Originally posted by Wylde_Overdrive
the front of my VJ gets hot when I use it. I wouldn't worry about it. But then again, my VJ has had a LOT of problems.

Thanks man, I had a Valve Junior head for a while but I sold it to finance 'Peggy'. I only used it once to try a cab though, I found it to be somewhat dark, but I still really liked it's tone and the controllable feedback. It was PWNage loud too, with a 4x12.

stratocast79's picture
Nashville, TN
Aug 2003
6 years ago

I've been trying to sell my Ampeg Super Jet- 50 watts- for a year now, but everytime I go back to play it I want to keep it:rolleyes:

acoustic_frippy's picture
Map Ref 41N 93W
Sep 2005
6 years ago

Is it normal for the metal control plate to be hot when in use?

On an Ampeg J12 it is. They're not designed to be run hot for any extended amount of time. Some of the reissues have developed rattling issues, as a result. That said, it's a superb amp.

Double Helix

Quote:

Originally posted by teleman
*waiting for frippy to find this thread*