Last post
tle4's picture
Warrington, Pa.
Jul 2008
4 days ago
Originally Posted by Mopar1969

This is  a pretty good video on stacking OD & boost

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40iM9vqAIOg

I have seen that one before.... Good stuff. 

tle4's picture
Warrington, Pa.
Jul 2008
4 days ago

How did the Sd1 work out for you ?

Mopar1969's picture
PA
Oct 2007
3 weeks ago

Thanks for asking...it worked out pretty well i stacked the sd1 the ratt and the ds1 using the others as preamp, seems pretty good i can get good overdrive w/ the twin volume on 1.  It takes alot of experimenting to find the right mix.

I'm using a 93 american strat w/ seymor duncans it, i have to throw something with humbuckers to see how that sounds. 

Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Mopar1969's picture
PA
Oct 2007
3 weeks ago

Thanks for asking...it worked out pretty well i stacked the sd1 the ratt and the ds1 using the others as preamp, seems pretty good i can get good overdrive w/ the twin volume on 1.  It takes alot of experimenting to find the right mix.

I'm using a 93 american strat w/ seymor duncans it, i have to throw something with humbuckers to see how that sounds. 

tle4's picture
Warrington, Pa.
Jul 2008
4 days ago

Glad it worked out. Try playing around with the order of the pedals too. It can make a big difference in how it sounds. That setup should rock with some humbuckers. I find strats with single coils take a lot of playing around with settings to get it just right 

Mopar1969's picture
PA
Oct 2007
3 weeks ago

Thanks for the ideas.  I think eventually a boost w/ an equalizer at the front end will be worth a try.

Stacking works pretty good i don't really like the distortion pedals by themselves  but mixed w/ the OD they get some good sounds.

polarbare21's picture
USA- Michigan
Oct 2008
5 days ago

Fender Twin Reverb & the Fender Twin Amp.... Both great and I have both as well!!

(2- Twin Amps cuz I'm sick like that!)

You can pull the two inside tubes on both to lower the output wattage...

You can also disconnect one of the 12" speakers to bring things down a bit more.

BUT if you do either or both of these, the remaining power tubes should be re-biased and double check your speaker load then plug into the right speaker output jack.

Theoretically the output is cut in half.

In the case of the Twin Amp, if you use the 1/4 power switch with 2 tubes, your output would be 12.5 watts.

The Twin Reverb is the clean of cleans.... headroom to the stars, but there was a device designed to cascade gain stages on Fender amps called the Hicks Mender. They work really well on their minimum setting to give you a "gain channel" that is foot switchable, so you can still have those sparkley Fender cleans.

Basically you unplug two of the preamp tubes, plug the Mender in those sockets, then plug the tubes back in.

It has a pot to control the gain and a jack for a footswitch.

They work on most Fenders with tremolo & reverb and sound really nice at a low gain setting on the Mender, and crazy to unruly at higher settings.

There are videos on Youtube with the gentleman using one in a Bandmaster Reverb.

I have 2 of these, and could be coaxed into selling one...

There also used to be a plug in called the Ice Cube for distortion.... I didnt care for it...

Hope this helps!!

" I sure wish I hadn't sold that one."

polarbare21's picture
USA- Michigan
Oct 2008
5 days ago

" I sure wish I hadn't sold that one."

Mopar1969's picture
PA
Oct 2007
3 weeks ago

Wow polar are that his mendor sounds pretty interesting let me check it out some .

It might be worth a try!

Mopar1969's picture
PA
Oct 2007
3 weeks ago

Wow polar are that his mendor sounds pretty interesting let me check it out some .

It might be worth a try!